General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Aug-16 23:32:24
Print Post

Cabinet 109 Stratford

[link to this post]

Any idea if this will be enabled for FTTx in the near future? Looking at an apartment around there and it says 1mbit ADSL is all that is available there.

This is going to be a huge downgrade from 1gig symmetrical on hyperoptic...
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Thu 04-Aug-16 08:31:53
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 109 Stratford

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

Doesn't appear to be any plans right now.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Aug-16 08:55:48
Print Post

I haven't looked, but is there anything about it in the Not spots forum?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 04-Aug-16 09:21:09
Print Post

Can you share which postcode that is?

Why? Because can only see cab 109 serving a handful of premises in one postcode and thus very unlikely to see anything from the commercial expansion in London.

If the apartments are new then time to highlight why you might not be moving in and point landlord at Hyperoptic

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Aug-16 17:00:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by mr_mojo:
Any idea if this will be enabled for FTTx in the near future? Looking at an apartment around there and it says 1mbit ADSL is all that is available there.

This is going to be a huge downgrade from 1gig symmetrical on hyperoptic...
Well I did a very quick look at the cabinet for that exchange due to not knowing what the postcode or cabinet was and I can see the following:

Cabinets 3, 20, 23, 25, 26, 28, 44, 45, 64, 71, 73, 74, 75, 83, 90, 92, 94, 98, 100, 104, 105, 109 along with several EO Blocks has no information that I can see of when there will be fibre.

Cabinet E_2 - FTTC doing Design, live due by January 2017 - Phase LEP 17a
Cabinet 13 - FTTC doing Field Survey, live due by October 2016 - Phase LEP 16b
Cabinet 36 - FTTC being Built(Building Stage), live due by June 2016 - Phase LEP PLUS 16b
Cabinet 57 - FTTC being Built (Building Stage), live due by June 2016 - Phase LEP 15a
Cabinet 95 - FTTC doing Field Survey, live due by October 2016 - Phase LEP 16b

Please note they are running behind with the installs, so the dates might be a lot later.

Paul
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Thu 04-Aug-16 20:32:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

E15 1GB. There about 200 flats going up there now.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Aug-16 23:43:06
Print Post

E15 1GB. There about 200 flats going up there now.
If its the new block of flats that I think it is that might be the wrong postcode, its more likely E15 1DQ - Leyton Road.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/DtyqCX4kZ6y

But either way you will have to wait until the development has completed before you would even know what cabinet that area will be using.

Paul
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-16 19:47:25
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

That's the postcode that the solicitors have given me (e15 1gb) which is on cabinet 109. I haven't exchanged yet so can pull out. It looks unlikely that there will be any fiber for at least a year? There is also no VM or Hyperoptic either.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 26-Aug-16 21:33:59
Print Post

That's the postcode that the solicitors have given me (e15 1gb) which is on cabinet 109. I haven't exchanged yet so can pull out. It looks unlikely that there will be any fiber for at least a year? There is also no VM or Hyperoptic either.
It does seem to be linked to that cabinet, no addresses yet allocated to that postcode, so maybe later on we would seem a clearer picture.

As for Hyperoptic and VM, its the same here, but luckily we was able to order FTTP on Aug 12th and according to Openreach today on the phone, their FTTP Engineers will do our install over the next two weeks, but I have a bad feeling they will come up with another excuse why they cannot do it.

Paul
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Sep-16 23:05:58
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hi Paul,

Addresses are now linked to that cabinet - still showing 1meg. Any hope?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to