General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User john1287
(newbie) Wed 10-Aug-16 12:07:06
Print Post

Openreach say yes BT say no????

[link to this post]

Hi
After waiting years Openreach finally installed FTTP into my village, massive YEY!
However, their online can i get superfast broadband checkers about 3 weeks ago, began saying FTTP is now active and you should contact your supplier to make an order.

BT and everyone else however say its not available?

The online superfast broadband checkers from Openreach etc all say active , but the smaller adsl checkers all say not?

BT are next to useless and for 3 weeks have been fobbing me off, anyone any ideas?

This is FTTP we are talking about, there is a shiny new green box and fibre wire at the pole at the bottom of my garden on the road!!!!

I live in North Wales and the Welsh Gov site uses the BT checker and that says I can now order as well?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Aug-16 12:20:20
Print Post

Re: Openreach say yes BT say no????

[re: john1287] [link to this post]

Best thing to do is email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com and we'll pester Openreach to push the updates out to the wholesale/retail checkers or a correction.

There is a small chance of a mistake in the Openreach checker, so if you can email address and telephone number (which will only be passed onto Openreach for fixing this issue) I usually run through the permutations and then pester accordingly.

NOTE: Sometimes Openreach updates a few days ahead of the other checkers, so if the FTTP on the checker has only just gone live this may be the issue.

A small risk that you are not served from that pole in the garden, does your line go to that particular pole?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User john1287
(newbie) Wed 10-Aug-16 13:12:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you so much for your offer to help.
I have emailed you the relevant details as requested.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Wed 10-Aug-16 14:04:56
Print Post

[re: john1287] [link to this post]

Is this native FTTP as they've put in a number of other areas in Wales?

My sister now has that available, but only a few ISPs will provide a service.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Aug-16 14:16:57
Print Post

[re: mrijones] [link to this post]

BT and Zen I believe. Any others you know of?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Wed 10-Aug-16 14:25:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think that AAISP was the other one that did.
Standard User john1287
(newbie) Wed 10-Aug-16 14:29:29
Print Post

Our exchange went live with fttc and 3 of its cabinets our cab4 they said couldn't get fttc so they for some reason chose to install fttp instead😄
The checkers on Openreach website claim I can get up to 330mb with their fttp service.

Since adsl was invented we have been unable to get over 1.5mb in my village, so am amazed and pleased to finally be getting such speeds. Fingers crossed
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-Aug-16 14:31:06
Print Post

LOL, and "dammit". Of course they do. Not only that but I am with them on FTTC.

D'oh!

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mrijones
(learned) Wed 10-Aug-16 14:54:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
LOL, and "dammit". Of course they do. Not only that but I am with them on FTTC.

D'oh!

laugh
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Aug-16 15:36:52
Print Post

It is native FTTP

Can confirm it is native FTTP that they can order

Opernreach say yes, BT Wholesale say no, so address issue or a database slip up - email to pester being sent in the next couple of minutes.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to