General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User larkim
(newbie) Mon 22-Aug-16 14:35:42
Print Post

Checking status of "full" cabinet

[link to this post]

Placed an order with EE for fibre which I'd expected to be live by my return from holiday (given a provisioning date etc etc). When i got home, ADSL still up and running so called them, they called OpenReach and they got back to me with "the cabinet is full".

Checking http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/ADSLChecker.Te... shows availability, but am I looking there in the right place? Where can I keep an eye on to check if Fibre is truly available for me? And which line should I be looking at (if the linked checker is the right place) - is it VDSL Range A / B?

Thanks!
Standard User larkim
(newbie) Mon 22-Aug-16 14:37:52
Print Post

Re: Checking status of "full" cabinet

[re: larkim] [link to this post]

Just to add, if it helps, it is Cabinet 9 in the Frodsham exchange.
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Mon 22-Aug-16 15:07:42
Print Post

Could have been lack of ports, which they've now remedied by installing a new line card. Could be waiting for the job to be allocated to an engineer to go and connect you up. Could depend on if the tie pairs are all done.

There's loads of possibilities. Only Openreach will know, and only EE can find out from Openreach.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User larkim
(newbie) Mon 22-Aug-16 15:23:28
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Cheers - so are you saying that the link I'm looking at is the right place to see "something" of the detail about availability? i.e. if the cabinet is full it would show as full on that availability checker? I just want to see if there is something I can look at that tells me info over and above the fact that the cabinet has already been commissioned for fibre (as I know that already - that's old news, as it were) so that I can keep hassling EE every few weeks to try to re-start the order etc.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 22-Aug-16 15:29:04
Print Post

If cab is full will show Waiting List on the lines with VDSL speed ranges, but not guaranteed as some cabinets fail to update.

ISP can seem more info when ordering.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User larkim
(newbie) Mon 22-Aug-16 15:34:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Brill. Thanks. Good to know I'm looking in the right place, even if the info might not be there!
  Print Thread

Jump to