General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User p2fyre
(newbie) Wed 24-Aug-16 10:26:56
Print Post

How do the rollout plans work?

[link to this post]

I've noticed they seem to have a year and then a/b phase (i presume first half and second half of the year)

Is there a certain date? for example 1st Sept or 1st October when Openreach announce the next phases?

I'm on LVNLW cab 2 and I literally check codelook and the OR checker every day.. but obviously there isn't any change.

Can I stop the OCD for now and come back on a certain date for the updates? smile or can these updates happen any time?

Edited by p2fyre (Wed 24-Aug-16 10:28:44)

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Wed 24-Aug-16 10:40:29
Print Post

Re: How do the rollout plans work?

[re: p2fyre] [link to this post]

They can happen at any time from what I see.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Aug-16 11:08:14
Print Post

The phase number is not a year, just a sequential number so its clear which block a cab was included in. A phase does not need to be finished before the next phase is announced either.

LVNLW Cab 2 is or was part of phase 11a which is the commercial roll-out. To see what is happening beyond visiting cab every day try roadworks.org and look at roadworks planned, Openreach stuff appears with a little telephone symbol.

Commercial cabinets from an earlier phase tend to be delayed for a reason, and these can be very varied.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User p2fyre
(newbie) Wed 24-Aug-16 11:59:19
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the advice.

I need to restrict myself to checking once per week lol. I've changed to Annex M to get 2Mb upload but I need more speed! smile
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Aug-16 16:36:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by p2fyre:
Thanks for the advice.

I need to restrict myself to checking once per week lol. I've changed to Annex M to get 2Mb upload but I need more speed! smile
I checked on the openreach site and your cabinet is down as being in scope and says the following
You're in a plan to get Superfast fibre but we haven't started work yet. It'll be built either as part of our fibre programme or through a partnership with your local authority.
If you'd like to know when you can order fibre, register your details.

But like Andrew has already said, you might need to check on the road works site from time to time checking if anything is happening, it will be listed with a phone icon, please also note most if not all communication services use that same icon, so it might not be for BT.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to