General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User markowen
(newbie) Wed 24-Aug-16 14:00:08
Print Post

openreach site upto date?

[link to this post]

Hi

just wondered is someone could help me please i live in Armthorpe Doncaster and just lately they have been installing the cabinets for fibre on my estate i stopped and asked the guys working on them today and they reckon bt should connect them in the next couple of weeks yet on the openreach site it says its still in design stage?? if its any help my cabinet is 14 and my postcode is dn32fp

thanks in advance

Mark
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Aug-16 14:04:28
Print Post

Re: openreach site upto date?

[re: markowen] [link to this post]

There will always be some lag in updates, but the only one that can be relatively certain is if they flip into the live state.

The workers are often not always aware of other issues or snags, so while their work will be done, there may be more to do, so don't bet on the next couple of weeks for it to be live - it might be, it might not.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Aug-16 16:27:13
Print Post

[re: markowen] [link to this post]

I can see the following work being done in the area of that postcode:

Date: 3 Sep - 7 Sep
Location: IN FOOTWAY OPPOSITE RECTORY COTTAGE ON, MERE LANE...
Description: Build 1 concrete chamber 915mm x 445mm x 965mm deep in Footway,Install 2m of 1 way poly duct in Foo...

Date: 5 Sep - 13 Sep
Description: Install 2m of 2 poly ducts in Footway,Install 3m of 2 poly ducts in Verge,Provide, Renew or Recover...

Date: 22 Aug - 5 Sep
Location: (PCP11) OUTSIDE 64 DONCASTER ROAD ON HARRIS ROAD TO SIDE OF 64 DONCASTER ROAD ON, HARRIS ROAD...
Description: Install 19m of 2 poly ducts in Footway,Provide, Renew or Recover 1 DSLAM street cabinet and base...

Date: 25 Aug - 5 Sep
Description: Install 2m of 2 poly ducts in Footway,Install 2m of 2 poly ducts in Verge,Provide, Renew or Recover...

Date: 22 Aug - 5 Sep
Description: Install 2m of 2 poly ducts in Footway,Provide, Renew or Recover 1 DSLAM street cabinet and base...

Date: 12 Sep - 16 Sep
Location: (PCP20) OUTSIDE TELEPHONE EXCHANGE, CHURCH STREET...
Description: Erect/Renew 1 PCP cabinet and base (600mm x 300mm x 1000mm),Install 13m of 5 poly ducts in Verge,Ins...

So I can see that they are installing the cabinet and installing 2 lots of 2m of fibre to it.
So I would say its possibly at the Build or Connect Stage, so possibly a few Months left to go, but don't quote me on that.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User thebigdolphin1
(member) Wed 24-Aug-16 17:45:01
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Where did you get the list of roadworks from?
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Aug-16 17:48:34
Print Post

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thebigdolphin1:
Where did you get the list of roadworks from?

https://roadworks.org/

Paul
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(member) Wed 24-Aug-16 17:51:40
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Oh, im already aware of that site, I just wondered if there was anywhere which lets you only show BT works in plain text. Did you just format the listings yourself in the post or is there a setting for it? Thanks
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Aug-16 17:53:57
Print Post

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thebigdolphin1:
Oh, im already aware of that site, I just wondered if there was anywhere which lets you only show BT works in plain text. Did you just format the listings yourself in the post or is there a setting for it? Thanks

I did it myself.

I also have written my own road works app, which displays a little more info.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to