I ordered Infinity a couple of months ago, on our newly-activated FTTC service, but the order was cancelled and never fulfilled. After reading through this forum and (very sadly) comparing pictures of cabinets with the cabinet installed in our village, i am not even sure that we yet have the right cabinet! We only seem to have a single new PCP cabinet (like this one , plus a bare concrete slab presumably waiting for the other (DSLAM?) cabinet to be installed. But if theres no FTTC yet, how come i was able to place an order? Can anyone shed any light?
A bit of context:
* Knightwick (WMKNI) exchange, cabinet 4 @ WR6 5PJ. We were on a EO line until Cabinet 4 was installed in the village very recently.
* The online FTTC availability checker moved through its various steps & finally annouced that orders were being accepted on 1 July
* I placed an order 7 July, with a 'go live' date 21 Jul. I got my shiny new Homehub 6 in the post, but 21 July came and went with no new service!
* Rang BT who (after a lot of time wasting) eventually admitted that the order had been cancelled. To be fair BT tried their hardest, and re-ordered multiple times over several days (23rd to 27th July) - but all were repeatedly cancelled too.
* Then the availability changed from "orders being accepted" to "FTTC available on 30 Aug"), and BT stopped taking orders. In the last day or so, this has changed again to "Waiting List", and this morning there is no mention at all of FTTC ever being avaialble! Perhaps we are the first exchange to have FTTC removed!!!! We'll be reverting back to 56k dial-up if we carry on at this rate.
* Codetool still says that FTTC became available on 1 Jul.
Any ideas? Rob
UPDATE: This is changing by the minute! The BT avaialbiity checker now says "You're in a plan to get Superfast fibre but we haven't started work yet. It'll be built either as part of our fibre programme or through a partnership with your local authority." So it looks like my suspicions are correct and we have still to wait fior the FTTC cabinet to arrive at an unspecified future date!
Edited by rjpreston (Wed 31-Aug-16 09:38:10)