General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobdragon12
(newbie) Fri 02-Sep-16 11:47:50
Print Post

SSE draytek 2860

[link to this post]

HI First post here so be gentle , I recently changed from SKY to SSE mostly because I had big problems running my SURE SIGNAL over MER . I went with SSE as they would supply the username and password so I could continue to use my Draytek . After 3 weeks of trying to get it to work and numerous calls to SSE it would appear the password contained a lower case l not an upper case I (really why would you do that ) Any way my issue is the Original Technicolor was connecting at 30mb but the Draytek is only connecting at 15Mb at best . What am I missing

Thanks Jon
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 02-Sep-16 12:06:59
Print Post

Re: SSE draytek 2860

[re: bobdragon12] [link to this post]

I had no problems running 6 Sure Signals simultaneously on my Sky Fibre Pro connection. The biggest mistakes people make IMO are to use the supplied "catv" cables and not doing a factory reset. All the nonsense about opening ports is invalidated because I ran them simultaneously with no port forwarding possible or required.

Now replaced by wifi calling.

Edited by BatBoy (Fri 02-Sep-16 17:03:28)

Standard User bobdragon12
(newbie) Fri 02-Sep-16 13:13:38
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

well my sure signal problems are gone but i'm more interested why my link speed is half on the draytek over the Technicolor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 02-Sep-16 13:22:01
Print Post

Can you post some connection stats from the draytek?
Standard User andew
(member) Fri 02-Sep-16 14:27:37
Print Post

Do you know which firmware your 2860 is running?, also what type of cabinet you are on?.
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Fri 02-Sep-16 15:14:50
Print Post

[re: andew] [link to this post]

The router page Diagnostics >> DSL Status may shed some light on your problem. The recommended Firmware Version is: 3.8.2.3_BT Build Date/Time Apr 22 2016 19:28:07.

Indeed with this router there is no need to open ports for the Sure Signal device to work.

There is probably someone using a 2860 with SSE who might share configuration details with you via PM but I have a gut feeling you have failed to enter the VLAN Tag value of 101. Also your MTU value should be 1500. Might be worthwhile to force the router to use Google's DNS servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

This router is an excellent piece of kit, just that its price puts it out of reach for most punters.
Standard User jabuzzard
(newbie) Fri 02-Sep-16 16:17:52
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

The VLAN thing I believe is for TalkTalk only.
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Fri 02-Sep-16 16:36:42
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jabuzzard:
The VLAN thing I believe is for TalkTalk only.

I disagree with you there. It applies across the board with the possible exception of SKY.

Of course the assumption here is that we are talking about a VDSL2 connection.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 02-Sep-16 16:59:36
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

All Openreach VDSL2 connections require a VLAN 101, including BT, Sky and Talktalk.
Standard User solchain
(regular) Fri 02-Sep-16 17:00:20
Print Post

I use a Draytek 2860 with TalkTalk, so not sure if I can be of any help, but if you want any information from mine please ask.

There was another post about SSE and a Draytek 2860 which I assume you have read, on there I put up images of my connection, only thing that's different is that NOW I am on the same firmware as you.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4494478-sse...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to