General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User LynChapman
(newbie) Wed 07-Sep-16 15:17:38
Print Post

Fibre BB available to my address but not to my phone No.

[link to this post]

I signed up for vodafone super fast BB, but the order cancelled. Vodafone put it through again, and again it cancelled. It seems that according to Open Reach my house number and street address are covered by cabinet 18, which shows as accepting orders, but my actual phone number shows as EO and says fibre not available or even in the pipeline. On the open reach map for both phone number and address the cabinet shows up in the same place. I'm really confused. Vodafone said that they would try to process order again and give me a new phone number - can that solution work?
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Wed 07-Sep-16 15:51:19
Print Post

Re: Fibre BB available to my address but not to my phone No.

[re: LynChapman] [link to this post]

They should really be asking Openreach to check their records.
Standard User LynChapman
(newbie) Wed 07-Sep-16 16:01:33
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

I was on the phone for ages this morning, BT customer service just kept saying No, but couldn't or wouldn't give reasons. Vodafone obvioiusly didn't understand what the problem was and have come up with this 'we'll give you a new phone number' idea.

After spending this afternoon trawling the net and using various checkers, it seems my line is Exchange Only and the fact there are new fibre cabinets really close to me doesn't help. The council made a big deal when my village got superfast broadband, flippin typical I can see the cabinet but not get connected to it.

I'm fed up. I really wanted to get away from BT and their awful customer service.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Sep-16 16:04:54
Print Post

[re: LynChapman] [link to this post]

This may be a mistake in the checker and both providers should be able to feed in queries to get it fixed, BT customer service only as capable as Vodafone in this respect due to firewalls.

Given a postcode to look at can usually figure out what may be going on, so private message me the postcode and will try to take a look.

Some areas when EO is fixed are done all in one go, others are done in stages and by our coverage tracking we usually have a very good idea of whats going on.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User LynChapman
(newbie) Wed 07-Sep-16 16:19:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I really appreciate the offer of help. I've pm'd you.
  Print Thread

Jump to