General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chrisbond
(learned) Tue 20-Sep-16 09:19:19
Print Post

FTTP Speed issues

[link to this post]

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having issues.

Basically install was done few months ago and from day 1 I had issues ended up being told it was a faulty laser/misconfiguration as the latency and speed was all over the place. Eventually they fixed this and speedtest.net & btwholesale speedtester results was going through at ~300mb down 30mb up. Fault was closed down everything seemed fine for a few weeks.

I pay for the 300mb infinity 4 product with BT, against my gut I went with BT over Zen (looks like Zen have withdrawn 300mb product at moment too).

Basically i've been getting speeds as low as 20mb on bt wholesale checker hard wired with bt home hub or my Ubiquiti kit. In the evening its varys from 20mb > 170mb tops, in the morning about 630am if you're lucky you'll get 300mb. I'm logging everything on wholesale checker.

There clearly is some sort of congestion going on withing the 21CN network/bt wholesale. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Clearly the 300mb is only at a few times of the day! Even FTTC customers get more reliable speedtest results than me for consistancy.

Last time I had to escalate the compliant to exec office to get it resolved I really dont want to go through that again as they will send engineer trying to blame my kit when its clearly there network (which part is the issue though).
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 20-Sep-16 09:22:53
Print Post

Re: FTTP Speed issues

[re: chrisbond] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisbond:
Last time I had to escalate the compliant to exec office to get it resolved I really dont want to go through that again as they will send engineer trying to blame my kit
How can they blame your kit if you can demonstrate the problem at the ONT ?
Standard User chrisbond
(learned) Tue 20-Sep-16 09:30:12
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Last time I had to escalate the compliant to exec office to get it resolved I really dont want to go through that again as they will send engineer trying to blame my kit
How can they blame your kit if you can demonstrate the problem at the ONT ?

They did last time trust me even was trying to blame brand new fibre optic cable they installed at one stage "micro bend in cable might be causing it we need to put it on full loopback test that requires an engineer onsite", changed ONT, etc. Eventually agreed it was outside of the house after 3 engineers visits.

If I connect my macbook pro in and do PPPoE to ONT takes out my equipment out straight away even then they wanted to do there tests onsite. Hence why i dont really want to go through it all again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 20-Sep-16 10:09:07
Print Post

Hence why i dont really want to go through it all again.
Sorry, I can't understand your argument. How else will you get it fixed?
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Sep-16 19:46:38
Print Post

I pay for the 300mb infinity 4 product with BT, against my gut I went with BT over Zen (looks like Zen have withdrawn 300mb product at moment too).

Nope Zen still provide it:
https://www.zen.co.uk/smallerbusiness/superfast-fibr...

Scroll down to the bottom to section: Unlimited Fibre Office 3 (FTTP)

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to