General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Oct-16 06:44:43
Print Post

Stuck IP Profile?

[link to this post]

My connection dropped from 79999 down to around 38Mb the other week, No idea why but a reboot of the router got it back to 72mb and my speed followed suit and came up to around 68mb.

Last week another reboot got it back to 79999 but the speed has not changed. Still showing 68mb max. Would that be a stuck IP profile? Or something else?

It's no biggie. Only lost around 8Mb or so but still tongue

TalkTalk 80Mb
Current Line Stats
Attainable Rate: DL: 93820 UL: 29851
Connection Speed: DL: 79999 Kbps UL: 19999 Kbps
SNR: DL: 14.9 UL: N/A
Attenuation: DL: 13.4 UL: 6.6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Oct-16 09:18:24
Print Post

Re: Stuck IP Profile?

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Do you mean "Max attainable" or actual sync? (Your sig is confusing).

Post the full stats please. When you resync, is it always to exactly the same sync? A post with before resync and after would be best.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Oct-16 13:40:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I dont see how my signature is confusing. Attainable rate is just that, and the connection rate is also, exaclty what it says. So I am confused to how you are confused! xD

Anyhow they are out of date stats. I will update it.

My sync rate is the same today after a reboot.

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
DSL up-time:

TalkTalk 80Mb
Current Line Stats
Attainable Rate: DL: 93820 UL: 29851
Connection Speed: DL: 79999 Kbps UL: 19999 Kbps
SNR: DL: 14.9 UL: N/A
Attenuation: DL: 13.4 UL: 6.6

Edited by Seansmit17 (Fri 07-Oct-16 13:40:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Oct-16 15:51:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by Seansmit17:
I dont see how my signature is confusing. Attainable rate is just that, and the connection rate is also, exaclty what it says. So I am confused to how you are confused! xD

Anyhow they are out of date stats. I will update it.
Precisely. Very confusing given your OP and now this one, when you said earlier "Still showing 68mb max" which doesn't appear anywhere in these new stats either.
My sync rate is the same today after a reboot.

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
DSL up-time:
If you mean it was 79650kbps before the reboot as well as after that suggests some sort of cap. The fact your Attainable has risen since the one in your sig, along with the D: 5 line, suggests that Openreach DLM has introduced G.INP on your line. Possibly with a banded downstream cap, rather than it being a TalkTalk cap,

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Oct-16 17:27:56
Print Post

I have had G.INP for a long time now.

As for my old stats in my sig, they were old, months old.

My line was steady at 79999 down and 19999 up with downstream snr of around 8 with an attainable rate of 98mb ish for quite a while, then one day I noticed the line was slow and upon checking the stats the downstream had dropped to 38ish and the snr was 6db and an attainable of around 83mb.

Thats when I did a reboot a few weeks back and got it back to 73ish and the stats have been as they are now since with the exception of another reboot to get it from 73mb back to 79650.

One thing of note is the Interleaved depth. It has always been low on the upstream but the download was always around 2500 but now its only 5!

At any rate rebooting or switching off the router for a bit has not got that last few mb of speed back.

Here is a screen grab from my samknows whitebox of the download speeds. Seems to hit a wall at 68Mb

https://gyazo.com/3d0711c430d7773ed675a7b38ff043c1

TalkTalk 80Mb
Current Line Stats
Attainable Rate: DL: 103884 UL: 28269
Connection Speed: DL: 79650 Kbps UL: 19999 Kbps
SNR: DL: 7.2 UL: 14.4=9
Attenuation: DL: 8.7 UL: 2.9
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Oct-16 18:10:06
Print Post

Just realised a minor point - your sig also says TalkTalk 80Mbps. There is no IP Profile on TT so it can't be stuck.

Re G.INP, with an interleaving depth of 2500 G.INP may have been available on the cabinet, but it was not active. The drop to depth 5 is typical of what happens on BT Wholesale circuits where it drops from 4-figure numbers to 8, or occasionally 16. I assume TT are requesting different DLM configuration from BTW.

Why the whitebox is peaking at 68Mbps I have no idea. Are you wired or wireless to your router with your computer?

It looks a bit like cross-talk has caused errors, initially giving you high interleaving depth, and G.INP kicking in has lowered your sync. With the sync also being fixed, though I would expect the upstream to vary a bit, banding is almost certain. This seems to take weeks to months of stable connection to be removed.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 07-Oct-16 18:58:59
Print Post

While no IP Profile on TalkTalk do recall one other TalkTalk user having a similar issue on FTTC recently.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Oct-16 20:05:15
Print Post

Makes sense. BUT I did defo have GINP enabled on the DS on my line a long time ago confirmed by stats from the unlocked OR modem I was using at the time. So dunno if it was disabled and later re-activiated or not.

I have been using a talktalk AIO router for a while, around a year maybe, 10 Months.

Speed tests also show the same.

http://www.speedtest.net/

TalkTalk 80Mb
Current Line Stats
Attainable Rate: DL: 103884 UL: 28269
Connection Speed: DL: 79650 Kbps UL: 19999 Kbps
SNR: DL: 7.2 UL: 14.4=9
Attenuation: DL: 8.7 UL: 2.9

Edited by Seansmit17 (Fri 07-Oct-16 20:13:40)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Oct-16 20:18:33
Print Post

I think I have seen it said that changing your modem removes G.INP. Which would tie in. Then there is a wait for it to be re-activated if needed.

With interleave depth 2500 it was definitely not active.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Oct-16 20:19:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, I do remember another recent poster with this strange D: 5 interleave depth, and commenting that I didn't understand it.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to