General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sergiup
(newbie) Thu 13-Oct-16 11:53:08
Print Post

NowTV / Openreach install delayed with no reason given

[link to this post]

This is the first time I'm having FTTC installed (I've had ADSL2+ up to a few years ago, and only Virgin since) so I don't have any experience of Openreach practices.

When I initially signed up to NowTV's broadband, Openreach were scheduled to attend on the 14th for a new line install. I got a text the other day saying my broadband will be delayed, further info on the 18th - which was suspicious since the Openreach appointment was still supposed to be on track.

So I called NowTV and after a while, it transpired that the Openreach appointment had been rescheduled to the 25th (!), with no apparent reason or cause given. Annoyingly this means I need to extend my VM subscription for another month too..

Is this something fairly common - delayed appointments with no given reason? I have no idea what could be missing - though if it's anything like an actual build issue or insufficient cabinet capacity then I guess I'll be waiting a LONG time. I don't think it's an engineer availability issue, they seem to have plenty of available appointments.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Oct-16 11:56:53
Print Post

Re: NowTV / Openreach install delayed with no reason given

[re: sergiup] [link to this post]

http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-ge... should mention capacity issues.

New copper line installs combined with FTTC installs can have more engineer availability issues, since it is generally a longer job that simply visiting cabinet to jumper the FTTC.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sergiup
(newbie) Thu 13-Oct-16 14:16:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-ge... should mention capacity issues.

New copper line installs combined with FTTC installs can have more engineer availability issues, since it is generally a longer job that simply visiting cabinet to jumper the FTTC.

Thank you! All it says is "Accepting Orders" so I'm guessing it should be fine.

I guess you're right, there is a BT line but it was cut before we move it and it's just hanging outside the front door, so it may require more work than usual. I'm somewhat surprised they don't automatically know this closer to the date they accept a job schedule though, as opposed to two days before the appointment smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Oct-16 16:03:57
Print Post

[re: sergiup] [link to this post]

The default would be to assume this is just a switch things back on and jumper at cabinet.

If new cable is needed or work to fix existing then yes may need another appointment.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to