General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Oct-16 19:47:16
Print Post

FTTC download speed getting smaller

[link to this post]

I have used SKY FTTC for around 4 years. Over the last 3 mths, since using the SKYQ router my download sync has gone from a solid 4 year sync of 40M to 30M and now to 25M

When FTTC was originally installed the BT engineer carried a proper tester and the line was capable of running 120M down, 80M up, but it is now in real life running 25M down and 10M up.

Apart from resurrecting my old BT model/SKY router, is there anything I can do to get back the missing 15M.

IanD
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Oct-16 08:38:26
Print Post

Re: FTTC download speed getting smaller

[re: iand] [link to this post]

If you really could have got 120Mb when it was first installed then it would suggest you have a line fault. Can you post stats for the line? Have you looked on the BT checker to see what speeds you should expect?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 20-Oct-16 09:04:22
Print Post

Re: FTTC download speed getting smaller

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

The Sky Q hub is also fairly new, and one would hope it was fully vectoring and G.INP compatible, but there is a chance it is not behaving as well as previous devices with the line.

Alas with most new kit there is little feedback until enough people are using it day to day, and as the majority of Sky users are still ADSL2+ based it will be longer.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to