General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 15:44:05
Print Post

Moving house with FTTC; ADSL first?

[link to this post]

I've just moved, and have an order with Zen to move my phone and FTTC. The phone went live today, and I understand there's a 10-15 day wait for FTTC.

Looking at their order tracking, it currently says "Wait for ADSL service to use to fulfil".

Is an ADSL connection usually provided first, whilst waiting for FTTC?

Cheers,
AP

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Fritz!Box 3390

Edited by AndyPandy (Mon 31-Oct-16 17:25:35)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 31-Oct-16 15:58:27
Print Post

Re: Moving house with FTTC; ADSL first?

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

Varies from provider to provider, some do supply ADSL first as they believe the higher success rate of it going live when expected is better, plus then once the ADSL is up and running estimates in terms of speed for FTTC are usually updated.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Oct-16 17:29:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew. Hopefully an ADSL service will go live, as I'm currently living from a dodgy Vodafone 4G stick. A solid 2MB would be better than this.

The BT tracker already shows FTTC speeds for the new number, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Cheers,
AP

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Fritz!Box 3390

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative jongreen84
(isp) Mon 31-Oct-16 19:44:08
Print Post

If you PM me your username/order ref I'll check for you.

I've a feeling it's just what our internal ordering system refers to all xDSL orders as. I'll get this fed back if it's exposed to customers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
ISP Representative jongreen84
(isp) Tue 01-Nov-16 10:27:49
Print Post

Further to my PM, this is an oddity in our internal systems, where the text still displays "ADSL" even if the circuit is FTTC. I'll get this fed back to the relevant people.

Thanks,

Jon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to