General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Wheidi1985
(newbie) Thu 10-Nov-16 10:55:30
Print Post

Update openreach database

[link to this post]

Hi all,

After many engineer visits and lots of problems with a slow line, our telephone line was moved from cabinet 74 at the Woolwich exchange to cabinet 4 back in June. Our speed increased and we were told the database would update to allow us to order fibre. We had another engineer in September who confirmed the line had been moved to another cabinet and said he would make the necessary phone calls to get the database updated. I have contacted them using the formwize form and now I am waiting for them to get back to me after raising it to their second level team. Is there any way I can get them to update their database so I can finally order fibre?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-Nov-16 11:18:15
Print Post

Re: Update openreach database

[re: Wheidi1985] [link to this post]

When was that last form contact?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Wheidi1985
(newbie) Thu 10-Nov-16 11:41:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It was on the 27th of October

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-Nov-16 12:19:51
Print Post

Okay give it another week and then email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com and will pester a different set of people with the power to get things done

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Wheidi1985
(newbie) Thu 10-Nov-16 12:21:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That would be brilliant, thank you very much
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Thu 10-Nov-16 13:31:27
Print Post

curious why it was moved -- normally only moved due to voice issues

should not be moved for Broadband issues
Standard User Wheidi1985
(newbie) Thu 10-Nov-16 13:38:32
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

It was moved because we are so far from the exchange and the speed kept on dropping due to it being unstable. The best speed we could get was around 1.5 meg at a push. We had engineers out at least once every two months. It is a new build property that we moved into a year and a half ago. The houses on the street are connected to a fibre enabled cabinet but because it is quite full the new development were connected to a cabinet with no fibre and no future plans for upgrading.
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Thu 10-Nov-16 22:22:54
Print Post

Thas not a reason for being moved -

the new development were connected to a cabinet with no fibre and no future plans for upgrading. that because the developer only asked for copper and that's not a reason to be migrated from an unenabled cab to an enabled cab
Standard User Wheidi1985
(newbie) Fri 11-Nov-16 11:35:24
Print Post

The engineer that moved us was gone for over 3 hours while he checked the cabinet, when he came back he told us he had moved us. The speed we currently get is around 4.5 meg and whenever we check what we can get with an isp it says we should be getting no more than 2.5meg. The second engineer also tested our line at the cabinet to see if we had been moved and he confirmed we had. All I want is for openreach to recognise that so we can order fibre.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Nov-16 13:29:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by Fastman2:
That's not a reason for being moved

It does seem odd to give such favourable treatment to one property in a development. What will the neighbours think?

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 66999/19999 (banded) at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to