General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smitjb
(newbie) Sun 13-Nov-16 10:15:36
Print Post

How do I prod BT to enable my cabinet for FTTC

[link to this post]

I have been trying to get fibre for years. My exchange is fibre enabled, but there has always been some other issue. Having discovered http://www.dslchecker.bt.com, this is what it shows.

Telephone Number 0208671*** on Exchange TULSE HILL is served by Cabinet 2
FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- At this time we cant provide a delivery date for this cabinet..

What can I do to find out what the issue is, and try to make BT do something about it (forlorn hope I know)
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Sun 13-Nov-16 10:30:46
Print Post

Re: How do I prod BT to enable my cabinet for FTTC

[re: smitjb] [link to this post]

The cabinet has already been erected and is currently at the connect phase which means they're sorting out the power and bringing the fibre cabling to the new cabinet, along with connecting the old and new cabs together with copper cabling.

It *should* be available in around 4 months but could be sooner (or later).

Check the Openreah when and Where website for updates smile
Standard User smitjb
(newbie) Sun 13-Nov-16 10:49:23
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.

Is there anyway to tell how long it has been in the connect stage? Given how long ago the exchange was enable, I'm suspicious that it is stuck in the process for some reason.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Sun 13-Nov-16 11:02:24
Print Post

It's not due to be complete until March 2017 so it's possible that it's ahead of schedule.

There's no way of knowing unfortunately.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Nov-16 11:29:08
Print Post

Well I can see the following for Cabinets 1, 2 and 3.
I am not too sure if two of them are locations for cabinet 1, 2 or 4 due to no markings.

[Cabinet 1 ?]
Seems there is blockages that are down to be cleared and repared (i.e. Locate and excavate 1 blockage in existing duct)

[Cabinet 2 ?]
Date: 14 Nov - 24 Nov
Description: DSLAM STREET CABINET & POWER INSTALLATION. Excavate to lay BT ducts, Lay concrete plinth, Stand cab. Excavate to expose low voltage cable for Power Connection and lay duct. POWER engineer to carry out inspection prior to jointing. POWER jointing team to insert cable and execute jointing works. Reinstate, Check and clear site.
Cabinet Location

[Some Work]
Date: 23 Nov - 29 Nov
Description: POWER engineer to carry out inspection prior to jointing. POWER jointing team to insert cable and execute jointing works. Reinstate, Check and clear site.
Location of work

[Cabinet 3]
Date: 18 Nov - 1 Dec
Description: DSLAM STREET CABINET & POWER INSTALLATION. Excavate to lay BT ducts, Lay concrete plinth, Stand cab. Excavate to expose low voltage cable for Power Connection and lay duct. POWER engineer to carry out inspection prior to jointing. POWER jointing team to insert cable and execute jointing works. Reinstate, Check and clear site.
Cabinet Location

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Nov-16 12:24:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by smitjb:
Is there anyway to tell how long it has been in the connect stage? Given how long ago the exchange was enable, I'm suspicious that it is stuck in the process for some reason.

Cab 2, like a few others, was left out of the original rollout. It was included in the "London Extension Project"; there are maybe 6 others also in various stages of being designed, built, connected or activated.

The LEP seems to have been active only since earlier this year.
  Print Thread

Jump to