General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-17 11:29:00
Print Post

Re: Openreach to rollout 3dB target SNRm for FTTC next year

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by adslmax:
Or maybe my cabinet is reduced SNR cos of more taken in or due to crosstalk?

This.

What is the precent take up in my cabinet now? How to find out? Maybe Ribble or Andy HCZ will know.

Edited by adslmax (Sat 14-Jan-17 11:30:13)

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-17 12:51:18
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

What is the precent take up in my cabinet now?

Why? It doesn't matter anywhere near as much as knowing how many of the 10-12 pairs that are neighbours to your pair through the full length of the D-side.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-17 13:10:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Have found the phase I target figure 277,000 at over 24 Mbps,

I agree.

Looking forward to the data coming out...

but scope for a small improvement around the 1km mark,

Dang. Just at the important point...

Can't imagine the outcry if the most popular BT Infinity product was an up to 15 Mbps service.

Like Australia? For a year, the 12/1 product was the most popular to FTTP subscribers.

Even now, the 12/1 and 25/5 products combine to take 80% of the market on FTTP and 90% of FTTN (which is an "up to 100" vectored variety).

NBN Package Mix - FTTP
NBN Package Mix - FTTN
if you want to ensure 100% coverage, best to plan to deliver 110%.

I agree 110% wink

The reality of the project target NOT being 90% in each community/constituency/district council area is something I think lots of councillors/MPs are starting to only just understand.

I wonder what we'll see going forward. Will Gigaclear stick to a 95% target, so only hit half of the remainder? How much rein will they be given by councillors?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 14-Jan-17 13:20:53
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Gigaclear contract is 35,000 premises so a long way from getting to 100%, and short of 95% too, but Airband and the outstanding lot likely to take it to 95%, if BT get to 90%.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7611-connecting-d...

The analysis, believe BT is 20,000 short based on our understanding of what has been delivered, so will be interesting to see how much closer it gets by March. Even if BT stopped now would just a 7% miss on original target, so while a miss compared to many procurement exercises not massive, but can see FTTP areas with postcodes not live where checkers say they are building to, while others are giving us speed test results in live postcodes.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-17 13:23:56
Print Post

If my cabinet is 100% take up full, does it mean my sync rate 79999k will drop below for the first time since Feb 2014 and how far will it drop to? I hope it won't drop below 79999k when the cab is full?

Edited by adslmax (Sat 14-Jan-17 13:25:48)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 14-Jan-17 13:30:45
Print Post

No one can tell you until someone does the mathematics and knows all the detail on where in the cable bundles your line is with relation to the other people who have ordered the service.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-17 13:38:46
Print Post

It doesn't matter how full the cab is.

It matters more about whether the 10-12 copper pairs surrounding yours have taken VDSL2 service or not.

That means you can get close to the worst-case crosstalk from just 10-12 other subscribers.

Or, if the other 287 FTTC subscribers are on other D-side cables you can end up with nearly (*) no crosstalk at all.

Even when the disturbers are in the worst possible placement, it still depends on the manufacturing quality of the cable: just how uniform is the thickness of copper, the thickness of insulation, the twist rate of a pair and the twist rate of the individual binders.

It is, to all intents and purposes, random. It is likely that you will experience more crosstalk on a full cab ... but there is no guarantee as to whether you experience nearer the minimum or maximum.

(*) - The tie pairs guarantee that you have crosstalk from some VDSL2 subscribers for a short length. The extent of the impact will depend on takeup (**) and the distance between the two cabinets.

(**) - Once the binder in the tie pair (group of 25 pairs) is full, you'll likely have gotten most of the crosstalk from this short portion of your line; once the tie-pair cable is full (100 pairs), that likelihood will reach 100%.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jan-17 13:47:08
Print Post

Why can't BT Wholesale Broadband Diagnostic Test or Availability Checker to show how many % of the lines take up of the cabinet?
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Sat 14-Jan-17 13:53:59
Print Post

It's not relevant to anyone.

Also, Wholesale are not the owner of the cabinets, Openreach are.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 14-Jan-17 17:20:26
Print Post

Why can't BT Wholesale Broadband Diagnostic Test or Availability Checker to show how many % of the lines take up of the cabinet?
Several years ago Openreach or BTW used to publish to ISPs the DSLAM and MSAN numbers, card occupancy in them and ports used at all exchanges for ADSL. It was available to the public through Prodigynet - or at least to their customers.

As were the complete order history and current orders for your line.

They got stopped from letting us see that data.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to