General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(member) Thu 17-Nov-16 17:17:26
Print Post

VDSL products disappeared from my DSLChecker search

[link to this post]

When I search my address into BT's DSLchecker search, the VDSL products no longer display in the table, yet they do for nearby addresses connected to an enabled cabinet.

Does this indicate that plans have been cancelled to enable my cabinet, or is it just a temporary glitch in the system? Or have they permanently removed those rows for non-enabled cabinets?

Thanks!

Edited by thebigdolphin1 (Thu 17-Nov-16 17:17:43)

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Thu 17-Nov-16 17:32:01
Print Post

Re: VDSL products disappeared from my DSLChecker search

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

Is it a new cabinet?

Do you have an active line?
(member) Thu 17-Nov-16 17:32:50
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

It's not a new cabinet, and has previously displayed the VDSL products over the past 5 years - which is why it's worrying me.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gmangt4
(newbie) Thu 17-Nov-16 17:53:13
Print Post

Happened to me too, it was because the cab was full. Now back for me as they increased capacity, the when can i get fibre website told me it was full
Standard User Toonshorty
(member) Thu 17-Nov-16 18:16:41
Print Post

Have you always been connected to Cabinet 8?

Codelook shows P8 on Ranmoor as being connected. The openreach checker shows the same.

I would suggest this is possibly an infill cabinet, but codelook seems to suggest it's part of the commercial rollout. Have BT installed any commercial infills or are they limited to BDUK projects?

Either way, the DSL checker seems to suggest the planned live date for your cabinet is currently the end of December, although this may slip if there are problems connected the new cabinet.
(member) Thu 17-Nov-16 18:21:38
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

Yeah, I've always been connected to P8, and it's definitely been there a while (I know it's been there 5 years at least). The protective outer case of it used to be one of them old solid iron ones, so I would imagine a couple decades. It's definitely not an infill cabinet.

The reason I'm worried that they might've abandoned plans for an upgrade is because a month ago I received an email (after dozens of others) stating that it needed new ducts installed for the cables, and that it was pending approval - the work never took place (as far as I know - no roadworks listings appeared), so I presume it was declined.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 17-Nov-16 19:07:14
Print Post

Don't believe the cabinet is live its down as "We're connecting power to the new fibre cabinet and joining the new fibre lines to the existing copper network." and looks like they may have had snags with the power due to the ETA being set in past.

PCP number 8 has been there for years, but VDSL2 has not.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(member) Thu 17-Nov-16 19:11:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Oh, I'm fully aware that the cabinet isn't live with FTTC services, but they've been listed with a due date for the past couple of years. What I'm trying to figure out is why they've disappeared over the past week or so.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 17-Nov-16 19:13:30
Print Post

That used to happen quite a lot two or three days before it came up as live. It did with ours.

Maybe it still does.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 17-Nov-16 19:14:31
Print Post

Generally its an indication that something is in the process of changing, sometimes capacity as others suggested (i.e. they thought you meant it had been live before) but also sometimes when things are being changed.

There is some scope for this as the cabinet serves two distinct clusters of premises, and a small possibility some are about to be moved to a different cabinet, or they've got the power issue sorted and it will reappear live.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to