General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User plankton
(regular) Sat 19-Nov-16 13:38:29
Print Post

New AIO Cabinet goes live then delay ........

[link to this post]

The much awaited new AIO cabinet NEWICK 9 went live for orders for 24hrs or so, according to the BT Wholesale ADSL Checker. Now the checker has changed giving a WBC Availability Date 17.01.2017 Any thoughts why BT would be putting it this halt, the cabinet has the silver lock on it and the fans are turning.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 19-Nov-16 13:45:30
Print Post

Re: New AIO Cabinet goes live then delay ........

[re: plankton] [link to this post]

Filled up on Day 1 perhaps. Now needs another line card. They aren't fully populated at Day 1.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User plankton
(regular) Sat 19-Nov-16 16:38:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No, it's a new AIO, it's got a 96 port VDSL card in it but has only got 70 odd copper pairs running through it, so this is on Cabinet that should never run out of capacity!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User witchunt
(member) Sat 19-Nov-16 16:45:51
Print Post

Think they are 48 ports cards and usually are commissioned with 1 card
Standard User plankton
(regular) Sat 19-Nov-16 17:01:52
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Thanks Witchunt, the Openreach contractors who installed the cab gave me the 96 number but I've no reason to doubt your number either. Regardless there is no way that 60% of the households served by this cabinet pounced on day one! Still can't figure why BT have stopped orders, as far as I can see no one managed to place an order as the ISP's database seem to lag behind the BT Wholesale one.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 20-Nov-16 11:31:20
Print Post

Problems with line cards?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User witchunt
(member) Sun 20-Nov-16 12:43:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Probably wasn't ready and shouldn't have shown as available
Standard User plankton
(regular) Mon 21-Nov-16 22:02:27
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Witchunt, yes you're probably right. Odd though that it's all powered up but two months before they are taking orders. The BT Openreach can I get fibre says that its "Accepting Orders" whereas the Wholesale checker says that it isn't till 17th Jan, so there is screw up somewhere either technical or admin!
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Nov-16 00:46:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by plankton:
Witchunt, yes you're probably right. Odd though that it's all powered up but two months before they are taking orders. The BT Openreach can I get fibre says that its "Accepting Orders" whereas the Wholesale checker says that it isn't till 17th Jan, so there is screw up somewhere either technical or admin!

I think your looking at the wrong information.

I bet its saying that your exchange is accepting orders and not your cabinet and or your address.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User Toonshorty
(member) Tue 22-Nov-16 10:00:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by plankton:
Witchunt, yes you're probably right. Odd though that it's all powered up but two months before they are taking orders. The BT Openreach can I get fibre says that it's "Accepting Orders" whereas the Wholesale checker says that it isn't till 17th Jan, so there is screw up somewhere either technical or admin!

I've had a similar experience with my AIO cabinet.

The cabinet was activated over a month ago, and the Openreach checker said our cabinet was accepting orders and that we could order a fibre service now.

The BT Wholesale checker didn't show any services as available however.

Recently, the checkers have updated to say a service will be available from November 29th, so I'm assuming that's the planned date for the live-to-live migration.

While the OR checker says you can order a service, what does it show for technology? I've found that the database isn't set up to deal with AIO's that are live, but not yet migrated. While the journey status shows as accepting orders, the official cabinet status is enabledarea.

Exchange name: Wylam
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 7
Technology: -

That's what ours shows when it's at the enabledarea status. Using a phone number is actually saying FTTC is available now (which is right, because BT are now accepting orders again - although the migration is yet to be completed).

Exchange name: Wylam
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 7
Technology: FTTC

That's the only difference between the two in the GUI, but the actual JSON result is quite differnet. When the technology shows as FTTC, it's because the cabinet is now showing as accepting orders and is returning a speed estimate.

Edited by Toonshorty (Tue 22-Nov-16 10:01:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to