General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alondoncyclist
(newbie) Wed 30-Nov-16 08:33:25
Print Post

New cabinet but not updated on database

[link to this post]

Hi everyone

Our village is due to get fibre shortly with a new AIO cabinet (PCP4) installed in our village as the current cabinet (PCP1) is too far away and will not be upgraded. The new PCP is there and has been for 6 months or so. But, whilst all the neighbours are now showing on the BT dsl checker as having been moved to the new fibre cabinet PCP4 ahead of fibre going live, we are showing as no longer being connected to any cabinet at all. Confusingly using the address check our address is now listed as connected to the new PCP4.

I think the problem may have come about during the summer when we had a prolonged fault on the line (first voice then broadband) which took two months to resolve. The last engineer who visited and successfully got us back online said he was about to give up when he decided as a last resort to check on the new PCP4 which was already in situ and found a spare pair of wires in it for us. So it seems this engineer already connected us to the exchange via PCP4.

Either way I am really keen to be able to order fibre as soon as it goes live. BT Openreach and Western Power appear to be putting in the power in the next week. Is there anyone I can contact here or at Openreach to get my telephone number updated to show we are connected via PCP4.

Thanks in advance.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 30-Nov-16 10:01:59
Print Post

Re: New cabinet but not updated on database

[re: alondoncyclist] [link to this post]

You've found the spot where providers fear to go and that is email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com with details and then I'll pester Openreach to double check the records. Oddities with infill cabinets are not unusual at all.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alondoncyclist
(newbie) Wed 30-Nov-16 10:47:51
Print Post

Re: New cabinet but not updated on database

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you MrSaffron. I have sent you an email with the details.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to