General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mauimauer
(learned) Fri 09-Dec-16 13:53:25
Print Post

OR When & Where / BT Checker discrepancies

[link to this post]

Hi there,

my cabinet (W6 0RF, #25 on the Hammersmith Exchange) is due to go live soon. However I just noticed that the Openreach When&Where Checker jumped to Accepting Orders (High demand) while
the BT Availability Checker still shows "This cabinet is under review. We'll explore fibre broadband solutions & will update once done.."

What's true? Is that something that can happen during their activation proceedings. It's hard to believe the cabinet is already maxed out (especially given that all ISP specific checkers still show Fiber as being not available)

Any ideas?

Cheers,
maui
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Dec-16 15:12:12
Print Post

Re: OR When & Where / BT Checker discrepancies

[re: mauimauer] [link to this post]

There is sometimes some oddities at the time of cabinets first going live, e.g. some have had issues so were live for a short period of time and then were waiting for things to be fixed.

Plus always the human factor can create oddities when records get updated

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Dec-16 15:31:11
Print Post

Update

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Have now had chance to check a few cabinets and it looks like cabinets that are not live are showing this 'high demand' message incorrectly.

Have chased Openreach for a comment, and to tell them just in case they've not noticed the problem.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User plankton
(regular) Sat 10-Dec-16 19:33:02
Print Post

Re: Update

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The Openreach "Where and when" seems to have no connection to BT Wholesale ADSL checker, for my Cabinet at least - NEWICK 9. BTOR says that I can get fibre and the BTW says that I can't. Such a shame that they can't get the basics right.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 10-Dec-16 19:40:00
Print Post

Re: Update

[re: plankton] [link to this post]

Cab 9 there is an infill one and errors seem more common, so seems to be live, but not live.

Email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com and will pester Openreach to find out status of cab and see if a trigger of checker databases can be done

Print Thread

Jump to