General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Fri 09-Dec-16 16:23:12
Print Post

G.fast pilot deployment beginning 9 Jan 2017

[link to this post]

As per here - https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefi...

By end of March 2017, Openreach hoping to have 138,000 total premises passed in 17 areas across the UK.

Two speed variants (same as current trial) - 160/30Mbps and 330/50Mbps
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Dec-16 18:04:29
Print Post

Re: G.fast pilot deployment beginning 9 Jan 2017

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Thanks the link Andy! Look like a long wait for the rest of us all until 2020!

Our pilot deployment will take place in; Cherry Hinton in Cambridgeshire, Gillingham in Kent, Bolton in Greater Manchester, Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, Derby in Derbyshire, Donaldson in South East Scotland, Langside in Glasgow, Luton in Bedfordshire, Rusholme in Manchester, St. Austell in Cornwall, Swansea in Wales, Swindon in Wiltshire, Sheffield and Balham and Upton Park in London.

Itís our ambition to make Ultrafast speeds available to 138,000 homes and businesses by the end of March 2017 via our G.fast pilot deployment phase.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Dec-16 18:51:00
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Thanks the link Andy! Look like a long wait for the rest of us all until 2020!

Our pilot deployment will take place in; Cherry Hinton in Cambridgeshire, Gillingham in Kent, Bolton in Greater Manchester, Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, Derby in Derbyshire, Donaldson in South East Scotland, Langside in Glasgow, Luton in Bedfordshire, Rusholme in Manchester, St. Austell in Cornwall, Swansea in Wales, Swindon in Wiltshire, Sheffield and Balham and Upton Park in London.

Itís our ambition to make Ultrafast speeds available to 138,000 homes and businesses by the end of March 2017 via our G.fast pilot deployment phase.
Cherry Hinton in Cambridgeshire seems to get everything whilst other places get nothing

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 09-Dec-16 19:03:44
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

It's always Sheffield, Swansea and other ballbag places.

I am seriously considering relocating to York so I can get 900/900 for half the cost I pay for 80/20 with the same ISP! :/
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Dec-16 20:02:23
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I am seriously considering relocating to York so I can get 900/900 for half the cost I pay for 80/20 with the same ISP! :/

And you are paying so expensive house in York. Five of my mates live in York but cannot get FTTP or 900/900, only on the 80/20 FTTC in their private rent and council rent houses.

Other side of York with mortgage house with £350,000 get FTTP and 900/900 Fibre.

Good luck in your searches for expensive house to start from £350k
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Fri 09-Dec-16 21:22:52
Print Post

I'm in the property game for gods sake. No luck needed. Plenty of assets running into the 7 figure mark. I recently bought a house for £525k and did a cash buy. a £350K house would be quite a slack buy in my book. I'm looking at one with 5 acres and office space for 1.3 which would return around 600-700K a year if I rented some of it out. 2 years max and the house is paid for and making a profit.

Luck is for chancers.

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 09-Dec-16 21:28:34)

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Dec-16 00:57:15
Print Post

In the golden triangle (Leeds-Harrogate-York), that's on the cheap side. Prices can be more Surrey-like
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Sat 10-Dec-16 01:33:18
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:

In the golden triangle (Leeds-Harrogate-York), that's on the cheap side. Prices can be more Surrey-like

It's amazing how house prices can suprise people. I sold a house in HP9 (Beaconsfield) for £525 and bought one in PL4 (Plymouth) for £350 and it's 4 times the size and rooms.
Standard User hoopla
(member) Sun 11-Dec-16 16:59:37
Print Post

It's amazing how house prices can suprise people. I sold a house in HP9 (Beaconsfield) for £525 and bought one in PL4 (Plymouth) for £350 and it's 4 times the size and rooms.
Are you a doll's house dealer?
Standard User Alucidnation
(learned) Sun 11-Dec-16 17:59:54
Print Post

I'm in the property game for gods sake. No luck needed. Plenty of assets running into the 7 figure mark. I recently bought a house for £525k and did a cash buy. a £350K house would be quite a slack buy in my book. I'm looking at one with 5 acres and office space for 1.3 which would return around 600-700K a year if I rented some of it out. 2 years max and the house is paid for and making a profit.

Luck is for chancers.

Oh dear.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to