General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Wed 14-Dec-16 16:15:53
Print Post

Connected Counties SEP?

[link to this post]

Hi
Does anyone know of any news about this? I am in one of the few areas still marked as coming soon (or exploring solutions) under the super fast extension programme.

There used to be a map and postcode list showing areas and timescales - these have now been removed.

Their response to emails is almost non existent. It seems to be complete radio silence at the moment.

Does anyone have any news on whats happening?

Thanks

Huw
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 14-Dec-16 17:05:44
Print Post

Re: Connected Counties SEP?

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

http://www.connectedcounties.org/ Bucks and Herts?

The SEP project seems to be delivering cabinets, some counties do go radio silent as budgets are jiggled and the person doing the site/social media is sent elsewhere.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Wed 14-Dec-16 17:28:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yup
Thats the one - I am chasing clarity on my particular area. I am connected to the Benington exchange which is all EO lines but is supposedly 'coming soon'.

When the postcode and map were up I was just outside the area on the map and not on the postcode list.

However, if an FTTC cab were installed anywhere between me and the exchange I would see some benefit (2k line from the exchange). Getting some idea of whats going to happen and when would be great. The only communication I have had is that Benington is due in 2017 and my postcode is in the last 2%.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Dec-16 19:09:17
Print Post

Codelook has Benington down for 2 cabinets, P1 and E_1. The first is "being connected", due March 2017, the second is being designed, due October 2017. Both subsidised by the SEP project.

Unfortunately, Codelook tends to give sparse details, if any, related to EO line upgrades.

Cabinet P1 looks like it serves Hebing End. Can't tell anything about E_1, but it wouldn't surprise me for this to serve Benington itself.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 14-Dec-16 20:15:29
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

E_1 is NOT a cabinet but an identifier for a bundle of EO lines

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Wed 14-Dec-16 22:53:44
Print Post

Thanks for looking!
Thats some great info - Hebing End is right by the exchange so presumably cab right outside. The other one would be nearer the centre of Benington (i'd hope!) That would put me at around 1km from the cab. Should be better then 8 meg.

Is this the codelook website?

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm

I've looked there before but couldn't get that informations out?

Huw

Edit: found it here:

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=1...

I'm right by exchange 5.

Edited by huwwatkins (Wed 14-Dec-16 22:56:24)

Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Thu 15-Dec-16 12:48:59
Print Post

It looks like the cab in Hebing End should be in place and in the process of being connected. I'll check this over the weekend.

I believe my phone line would run through the second proposed cab in Benington despite not being on the official postcode list. Is there a way of verifying this? I've not been able to fully trace where my line goes as its underground part of the way.

Thanks

Huw
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Dec-16 12:53:40
Print Post

Only once things go live will anyone know for sure

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Dec-16 16:24:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
E_1 is NOT a cabinet but an identifier for a bundle of EO lines

Oh ye of little faith:
https://s24.postimg.org/ivqp2ylwl/CL_Benington.png

My best guess is that sometimes an EO-CuRe (Copper Rearrangement) puts a new PCP as the next in the sequence of P numbers. But sometimes it ends up as "cabinet E_n" instead.

That is, at least, in codelook. It might be temporary, until a P number gets allocated.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Dec-16 16:30:37
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

I have lots of faith and believe me, that will not be cabinet E_1 once its live.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to