General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Wallyk65
(newbie) Sun 18-Dec-16 13:46:37
Print Post

Admin password

[link to this post]

Hi
I'm a recent convert from BT and whilst my TV, mobile and tablet have all connected to the faster 5g my laptop(Windows 10, i5 processor) has connected at slower speed. When I check my network status both are green lighted. I was looking to go into settings to try connect to 5g but don't know admin password or indeed what user id and password to use to try sign on in my own name!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 18-Dec-16 14:22:51
Print Post

Re: Admin password

[re: Wallyk65] [link to this post]

Is it the BT Hub? If so there is a plastic white card on the back with all the details on which you can pull out.

If it's another router let us know.
Standard User 961a
(member) Sun 18-Dec-16 14:29:37
Print Post

Does the laptop have a wireless adapter that recieves higher band reception or is it limited to 2.5g?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 961a
(member) Sun 18-Dec-16 14:34:54
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Try again with laptop next to router to see if problem is poor distance reception by laptop. Distance that it gets 5g will always be much lower than 2.4g band
Standard User Wallyk65
(newbie) Sun 18-Dec-16 14:35:06
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

No it's router from sse. I have card with settings, passwords etc but none of them work to get into admin settings.
Standard User Wallyk65
(newbie) Sun 18-Dec-16 14:38:44
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

I'm within a few feet of router and unrestricted view. How would I know if laptop WiFi is 2.5 or more?
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 18-Dec-16 14:45:48
Print Post

Okay then all I can suggest is do a hard reset (put a paperclip in the reset hole until the lights go out, usually 10 seconds) and see if you can get in after it finishes the cycle. If so great if not then you will need to be calling them.
Standard User JHo1
(regular) Sun 18-Dec-16 14:55:54
Print Post

admin pw for pc or router? Does pc have 5GHz capability? ("5g" is likely to be confused with 5g, at least, when it arrives).

Is it possible that your pc is not using a userid/pw? Did you set one up. You should be able to right mouse click the "Network internet access" icon, bottom right on the status bar, and take it from there.

Windows 10?

John
Standard User Wallyk65
(newbie) Sun 18-Dec-16 15:42:57
Print Post

[re: JHo1] [link to this post]

Hi John
The user id/password request is when I log into network on laptop. It opens screen for sse router which gives details like ipn address, WiFi status etc There is a pop up settings box when trying to open these sub sections. It's at this point it asks for admin Id/password. None of the details on the router card work.

Probably need to contact sse helpdesk for codes frown
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Dec-16 16:10:53
Print Post

I think people would need to see screen shots, joining a wireless network usually means picking the visible SSID and entering the security key, nothing to do with admin id and password. It may be that you are actually trying to log into the routers web interface perhaps.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to