General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User threelegs
(newbie) Sun 18-Dec-16 15:48:23
Print Post

new pole

[link to this post]

just spotted a sign from openreach in my little lane in rural norfolk,
the printed sign with handwritten details mentions a new "fibre/broadband pole with attachments to be erected in the verge opposite my neighbours house. there is also another sign stating the same about 100 yards away.
Could this mean FTTP (PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) exchange is Walcott and I am about 1.5 from my nearest cab (2)and about 2 miles from the exchange

Edited by threelegs (Sun 18-Dec-16 15:54:27)

Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Sun 18-Dec-16 15:56:05
Print Post

Re: new pole

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

No expert here but sounds like it. They dont usually put Fibre on poles unless they plan to distribute it.
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-16 10:06:21
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
No expert here but sounds like it. They dont usually put Fibre on poles unless they plan to distribute it.

Well fibre is often used from poles for leased lines, mobile masts etc to be honest. But yes it seems more likely this would be for FTTP.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-16 12:20:32
Print Post

Check on roadworks.org for the local area to see if there are any BT works scheduled.
Standard User s_h
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Dec-16 12:54:20
Print Post

Just from interest, first Openreach news item here: News and updates 15 Dec 2016

Engineers swap holes for poles to link up remote hamlet with Ultrafast broadband

Might not be related at all but it's interesting for hiking the poles over the fells.
  Print Thread

Jump to