General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dtinstaffs
(newbie) Wed 21-Dec-16 12:12:00
Print Post

FTTC Availability Schedule

[link to this post]

I am currently on an ADSL2+ connection with Plusnet via BT Cabinet 6, Uttoxeter. Current max download speed is around 9mb although this tends to drop to lower during peak times when I see buffering and watching catchup tv can be an annoying experience.
For longer than I can recall just now, the service has been due to be upgraded to FTTC, although more recently the Openreach 'When Can I Get Fibre' web page has changed from 'We are Exploring Solutions' to 'Design'.
Passing the cabinet daily, I have seen over the past month or so that Cass (BT contractors) have installed around 85 metres of trunking to link two existing underground chambers close to Cab 6, the most recent activity being in the past week when the Roadworks.org website showed they were due to clear an underground blockage. All this would seem to indicate that the work is beyond the design stage and the chamber to which the new trunking has been installed is near where BT had previously intended to site a new fibre cabinet and where it seems there is space to install the FTTC cabinet (as the crow flies approx 100 metres from my home). Can anyone throw light on the likely timescale that I might now be looking at, or do I simply whistle in the wind?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Dec-16 12:19:00
Print Post

Re: FTTC Availability Schedule

[re: dtinstaffs] [link to this post]

Whistle in wind is the most accurate you will get, as even when all the work is scheduled things happen to delay stuff.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dtinstaffs
(newbie) Wed 21-Dec-16 12:31:45
Print Post

Re: FTTC Availability Schedule

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks. Unfortunately, that's just what I thought you might say (although hoping I was wrong!).
Have a great Christmas and 2017.

Edited by dtinstaffs (Wed 21-Dec-16 12:33:23)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to