General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User derby13
(learned) Fri 30-Dec-16 20:39:04
Print Post

Chance of getting G.fast?

[link to this post]

Hi

My cabinet - Derby 13, serving postcode DE1 3NZ is due to have fibre installed in January according to Openreach. I have been told that it is a commercial cabinet, not a BDUK. Derby is a G.fast pilot area, but I've not been able to get an answer about whether or not my cabinet will be G.fast enabled.

Can anyone comment on the likelihood of me being able to get G.fast? Is the fact that they're starting work to install FTTC at the same time as the G.fast rollout starts a good sign? Or is it likely to be limited to cabs that have already been FTTC enabled previously?

Thanks in advance.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Dec-16 21:11:59
Print Post

Re: Chance of getting G.fast?

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

What does this checker say for your phone number? Please copy and paste the contents of the table, and the exchange and cabinet number from the line above it.

If your ISP is Sky or TalkTalk, or one of a few smaller ones, it may not recognise your number. In which case use the Address option. Do not use the pure Postcode option.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16365Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User derby13
(learned) Fri 30-Dec-16 21:26:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Telephone Number 01332xxxxxx on Exchange DERBY is served by Cabinet 13
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- 31-Mar-17 -- -- -- --
ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available -- -- -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available -- -- -- --
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available -- -- -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- -- --
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- 31-Mar-17 -- -- -- --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- -- --

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Dec-16 21:47:04
Print Post

That's odd. It isn't showing as scheduled for FTTC/VDSL. When you said forecast by Openreach was that just using the Postcode?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16365Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User derby13
(learned) Fri 30-Dec-16 21:50:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It was from the fibre enquiry form. Here's the email I got back:

Thank you for your email.

In response to your query below, I have checked this address and found that your
property is connected to FTTC( fibre to the connected) enabled cabinet 13 and from
the exchange DERBY.

This cabinet is being upgraded for fibre broadband it is still in progress.

The estimated date of completion of this cabinet is end of January 2017
Standard User witchunt
(member) Fri 30-Dec-16 21:52:31
Print Post

It won't be in the initial g.fast plans, but they may add it in later
Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Fri 30-Dec-16 22:03:46
Print Post

Gfast is in trail at present in a small number of exchanges --determining on the success of those trials the business will deploy it where it deems it will make the best return on its investment
Standard User Plexis
(newbie) Fri 30-Dec-16 22:31:59
Print Post

Wondering the same thing, On Cabinet 77, Been live since 2013 and can pretty much get the full speed (80 / 20)

Is there actually any roll out information? or is it just waiting for January 9th, when the rollout starts?
Standard User Anotheridol
(newbie) Sun 01-Jan-17 20:38:03
Print Post

I'm wondering the same thing with my cabinet. Currently in Citypoint in Derby, we were left out of the initial rollout - I've been here for coming on 3 years and still no FTTC.

We were scheduled to have everything by the end of December according to Codelook, but it seems the information is out of date and when I contacted Openreach, they said the end of Jan 2017. I was also wondering about GFast when I saw the announcement, but I'm not holding my breath!

Wholesale checker doesn't shed any light on anything either but "Where and When" now says they're in the build phase after being on field survey since March but nothing on Roadworks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 01-Jan-17 21:09:07
Print Post

[re: Anotheridol] [link to this post]

If you don't have VDSL2 don't expect G.fast to appear

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to