General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jamborta
(newbie) Sat 07-Jan-17 15:43:45
Print Post

Fibre ordered - Hyperoptic

[link to this post]

hi all,

Could anyone check whether there is any progress on fibre expected on postcode HA9 6DB.

I got an email from Hyperoptic about a year ago saying they had ordered fibre for the address (assumed that Openreach would do some work and enable it at some point), and that it would be live in 6 months max. After a year of no progress, wondered what is going on, but their customer service support could not give me any estimate really.

Many thanks,
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Sat 07-Jan-17 15:55:38
Print Post

Re: Fibre ordered - Hyperoptic

[re: jamborta] [link to this post]

If Hyperoptic can't tell you when they can provide you service I very much doubt anyone else can.
Standard User jamborta
(newbie) Sat 07-Jan-17 16:09:33
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

I though they were waiting for Openreach.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Jan-17 16:24:48
Print Post

But if that were true then they, as the service provider, ought to have details.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Jan-17 16:52:55
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

The postcode looks to be part of a block of apartments. Numbers 68-115 inclusive. Plus a "Ground Coms Server Room" and a "Ground Lan Consumer Cabinet".

The rest are on HA9 6BF, along with the pictured gym. The gym Home Page is really scary!

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 07-Jan-17 21:40:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They may be waiting for the delivery of some commercial grade fibre from street to building, but that will only be known about between Hyperoptic and Openreach. Things like wayleaves are the most common reason for delay, or if it needs roadworks/pavement works getting permission from London Borough

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Mon 09-Jan-17 16:27:01
Print Post

If you ever need to check progress for your postcode you can call or email us any time: 0333 332 1111 / support@hyperoptic.com

Alternatively you can send us a private message with your contact details and we would be happy to have a team member give you a call.

-Karis

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jamborta
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-17 19:32:06
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Haha, thats spot on.
  Print Thread

Jump to