General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User FastInternetPlz
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-17 16:34:13
Print Post

Still frustrated at OR

[link to this post]

So I am still waiting for OR to get to build stage, yeah I know its only early January still, but it seems like they are not doing anything, we are on the design stage of their map. Really frustrates me after waiting over 4 years and having bad internet for even longer than that, that I have to keep on waiting I have seen nothing posted on Roadworks website frown I just keep hoping that it will be started soon. I even check Codelook too, our exchange was fibre enabled all the way back in 2012.

Can anyone suggest a way to get more info or how to speed it up?

Edited by FastInternetPlz (Thu 12-Jan-17 17:52:38)

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Jan-17 18:10:23
Print Post

Re: Still frustrated at OR

[re: FastInternetPlz] [link to this post]

Do you know that BT intend upgrading the broadband service currently available to you? It may well be that you are connected to a cab that is not commercially viable to upgrade or that you are on an Exchange Only line which cannot carry upgraded services without being reconfigured as part of a network rearrangement. Are you in an area in receipt of BDUK funding or are you in a city where no such state aid is available for upgrades? It could be that BT initially thought upgrading your cab made commercial sense only subsequently to discover that the cost of providing power to the cab or extensive duct blockages made it commercially unviable. Other reasons for upgrades stalling include objections to the siting of the VDSL/FTTC cabinet, either by the local council or a nearby property owner or it being a conservation area. That you exchange has been upgraded does not mean that BT plans or is able to upgrade all of the lines on that exchange.
Standard User FastInternetPlz
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-17 18:42:49
Print Post

Re: Still frustrated at OR

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

I got in contact with BTOR a while back and they said they plan on upgrading my cabinet, they didn't mention any details about the ducts being blocked they said the last time they tried to build they didn't get the permission to build. This is what it says on Codelook: "FTTC doing Design, live due by October 2017"
The message I got from BTOR was back in 15th Nov 2016 and it said "Mid of March, 2017".

Hopefully soon they will be able to get started on building it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to