General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User beatts
(newbie) Sun 15-Jan-17 15:13:33
Print Post

New mini cabinet on side of what looks like a PCP or SCP.

[link to this post]

Hello all,

https://s23.postimg.org/9oba11nzv/Capture.png

We have had a fibre cabinet at the top of our street for a while now, the ECI 128/256 which is number 2 on the picture linked above. (number 1 is the PCP) Now recently we have had a larger Huawei 288 cabinet put in and connected to the PCP as shows as no 3.

First questions is, is this due to no more subscriber room in the first fibre cab?

Second question is today they have put a little what looks like mini fibre box onto the side of the PCP (no1) its has 2 boxes which join the middle up and i dont have a clue/seen these anywhere before? any ideas?? Thanks,
Matt.

Edited by beatts (Sun 15-Jan-17 15:14:55)

Standard User Toonshorty
(member) Sun 15-Jan-17 15:52:53
Print Post

Re: New mini cabinet on side of what looks like a PCP or SCP

[re: beatts] [link to this post]

Assuming that's the cabinet I think it is (Prudhoe P18) then I believe it ran out of capacity as I was looking at a house there a few months ago and the checker said there was no capacity left on the cabinet.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 15-Jan-17 16:00:21
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

Could be a side extension for the PCP to allow for more lines, or could be a g.fast node, a picture of the pod should let people confirm one way or another

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Sun 15-Jan-17 16:04:52
Print Post

If it has two metal "blocks" connecting the main PCP with the new pod then it'll simply be a PCP addon for more jumpers.

It'll not be G.fast.
Standard User beatts
(newbie) Sun 15-Jan-17 16:07:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

cheers i was wondering about G-fast but were not trial area. The pod doesnt have an openable section like the G fast modual though if that helps and ill try get a photo.
Standard User beatts
(newbie) Sun 15-Jan-17 16:08:13
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

yeah thats the one mate, ah i see then thats why theve added the new cab then. Cheers!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 15-Jan-17 17:11:08
Print Post

If not vents then likely just a PCP side extension then

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to