General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User t99del
(newbie) Thu 19-Jan-17 12:55:11
Print Post

will I ever get superfast....

[link to this post]

my local exchange EAWMK has been fibre enabled for over a year
last summer a cabinet arrived in our village, in the lead up to christmas OpenReach vans camped out between the exchange and the cabinet, new poles were installed and cable attached.
checking openreach website for IP13 0ED is cabinet 4 and says is accepting orders...
BUT states Cabinet is enabled but I am unable to order just yet, this might be because the length of the line is too long.
If I enter the address of the property next to the cabinet then get the same message
What does this mean is this a fault or will I have to survive with 3Mb forever
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Jan-17 13:03:22
Print Post

Re: will I ever get superfast....

[re: t99del] [link to this post]

Not too far from the cabinet, just not really ready for orders I suspect or the checkers are wrong

Cab seemed to appear live in October, but believe it may have had a delay until start of January, so might be about to change status and allow orders and fill in the tech flag.

If you want to email me andrew@thinkbroadband.com can pester Openreach for a specific address

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Jan-17 13:28:32
Print Post

Strange...

When using https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ (the address checker variant), I can get properties close to the cabinet, served by cab 4, that show no speed estimates for FTTC, but that *do* show availability for "VDSL multicast".

That combination usually means that the checker believes the line is too long to offer an FTTC service.

In cases like this (newly activated equipment), it can also mean that BT's internal databases don't yet hold the right data that helps the checker figure out what to display.

Sometimes, when a cabinet has just activated or a line has just been installed, it takes a day or two for this data to move between systems (it seems to happen in overnight batches). Sometimes, however, it needs to be nudged manually to fix things.

If the Openreach checker has been showing "accepting orders" for ore than a couple of days, then you are probably best taking @MrSaffron's offer.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Thu 19-Jan-17 17:00:44
Print Post

t99del

If this is a new All in One cabinet, rather than an FTTC one next to an existing cab, the cab will be live but they may well have not yet switched the existing copper over to it.

This is a complex process due to getting the buy in of all ISPs and moving each existing FTTC connection in conjunction with the ISP concerned. ( Each move is simple the co-ord is difficult!).

Once these are all done the rest of the copper pairs can be moved and the databases then updated and you will be able to order.

A hint can sometimes be the result for your number will be a different cab or no cab at all. Whilst the postcode will show the new cab.
Standard User witchunt
(member) Thu 19-Jan-17 17:38:22
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Looked to be a pcp and Huawei 288. seemed to complete a couple of weeks ago to me.

Edited by witchunt (Thu 19-Jan-17 17:55:03)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 19-Jan-17 17:42:09
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by witchunt:
Looked to be a pcp and Huawei 288. Can seemed to comake team a couple of weeks ago to me

Can we have a translation please, these strange Suffolk dialects are a bit odd!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User witchunt
(member) Thu 19-Jan-17 17:55:39
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Fixed

Edited by witchunt (Thu 19-Jan-17 17:56:07)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Jan-17 18:18:00
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by witchunt:
Looked to be a pcp and Huawei 288. seemed to complete a couple of weeks ago to me.

Agreed shown here.

I just check "The Old Post Office" which is across the road from it and it also says its too far from the cabinet.

My guesses is its either an error in the database, or its very due to go live.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Thu 19-Jan-17 19:57:52
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Paul

Could this be a new PCP and cab, with the data only just transferring EO. It looks very new and in a new location so hasn't been there long.

The checker seems to be clear now and the Wholesale one shows

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availibility Date WBC SOGEA Availibility Date WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 80 20 20 79 Available -- -- Yes
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 67 20 17.8 39.8 Available -- -- Yes
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 4 -- 3 to 7 Available -- -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 4 Up to 0.5 3 to 7 Available -- -- --
ADSL Max Up to 3.5 -- 2.5 to 6.5 Available -- -- --
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- -- --
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- --
So the original poster should be able to order now.

Edited by kitcat (Thu 19-Jan-17 19:58:55)

Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Thu 19-Jan-17 19:58:29
Print Post

t99del

Try again now!!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to