General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chrigurndevon
(regular) Fri 20-Jan-17 09:59:13
Print Post

Openreach fibre-checker webpage unreliable?

[link to this post]

After a long, long wait, fibre broadband is coming my way. Workmen have been digging up to road and pavement next to my cabinet (Exeter 135) for a couple of days, and yesterday a shiny new fibre cabinet sprung up. Can anyone tell me approximately how long it takes from the build completing to orders being accepted? I have tried to find out using the Openreach fibre-checking webpage but it still lists my line as being "in design" (it has shown this for the past 10 months) even though the field survey must have been done and the new cabinet has clearly been built. Has anyone else found this "fibre-journey" webpage to be unreliable, or am I just reading it wrongly?
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Fri 20-Jan-17 10:20:39
Print Post

Re: Openreach fibre-checker webpage unreliable?

[re: chrigurndevon] [link to this post]

If they're doing work then it's a case of the checker not having been updated. It will probably jump a few places along the journey in one day.

There's some more works planned for March, which would be in keeping with the target for June activation.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Jan-17 11:33:28
Print Post

Re: Openreach fibre-checker webpage unreliable?

[re: chrigurndevon] [link to this post]

The progression is not automatic, it needs a work completion notice to be raised, and the next stage flagged.

WARNING: It can potentially be many months from a cabinet appearing to being able to order.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to