General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-17 15:43:26
Print Post

BT Business Infinity Ultra 330/30 (FTTPoD)

[link to this post]

I've just had a ridiculously cheap quote from BT Business for their FTTPoD 330/30 service (BT Infinity Ultra) which is available at my property. They quoted me £150(+vat) per month with ZERO construction charges all on a 24 month contract. I say 'cheap' because FluidData last week quoted me £300(+vat) pm & Band D construction charges of ~£3.5k(+vat) for the same 330/30 service but on a 36 month contract.

So are BT lying? How can BT waive the construction charges? When I pressed their Sales Manager he was adamant that I wouldn't pay anything for construction and it would be a flat out charge of £150 pm on a 2 year contract AND I would have the 330/30 service up & running within 10 days. Very tempting to sign up but I suspect they're telling porkies....

EDIT: Looking here it appears I may have been quoted for BT native FTTP service but Sales manager seemed very convincing that I would be getting the FTTPoD product. Or perhaps Openreach have done away with construction charges based on the latest FTTPoD pricing released a few days ago? (wishful thinking i know)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor

Edited by baby_frogmella (Mon 23-Jan-17 15:53:46)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Jan-17 16:01:49
Print Post

Re: BT Business Infinity Ultra 330/30 (FTTPoD)

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

If you can get a signed contract with that pricing, then go for it.

Don't believe construction charges have been dropped at all, and would be a massive PR operation afoot if they had.

Have you checked that no signs of FTTP build on the way to the area?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-17 16:09:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

There are some properties dotted around me with native FTTP (nearest one is ~200m away ) but mine is definitely FTTC only. Perhaps Openreach are making use of the existing infrastructure for FTTPoD orders? Exchange is NSICL. Feel I'm going to end up disappointed though frown

TalkTalk Business 80/20

Edited by baby_frogmella (Mon 23-Jan-17 16:11:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Mon 23-Jan-17 16:15:50
Print Post

Just fyi, BT Business Infinity Ultra and BT Business Infinity on Demand are two completely different products...

Edit: I should add...

BT Business Infinity Ultra (330/30) is £200 per month on a 12 month contract, and £150 per month on a 24 month contract.

BT Business Infinity on Demand (330/30) is on a 36 month contract and £200 per month. There is a £750 connection charge and distance based charges apply.

Edited by AndyHCZ (Mon 23-Jan-17 16:24:23)

(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-17 16:22:30
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
Just fyi, BT Business Infinity Ultra and BT Business Infinity on Demand are two completely different products...

In that case they probably gave me the wrong pricing for the FTTPoD product, initially they did say something along the along lines of "your address is only partially showing on our database but we'll fix it" so I suspect their checker may have been churning out native FTTP results for my address.

TalkTalk Business 80/20
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Jan-17 16:23:52
Print Post

native FTTP is deployed so that splits fan out to cover the intended area, now while there might be spares its not usually part of the FTTP deployment to pre-do a chunk of work for any possible FoD orders.

My money is on the few premises that can order confusing business as exchange was flagged as native FTTP available.

BTW know of some FTTP on NSICL a VERY long way from exchange, but none if the main area, so curious to know a postcode of some of this (PM the postcode to preserve the secret of your location)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Mon 23-Jan-17 16:25:51
Print Post

I think this is the case.

I've updated my post above to show the difference in the pricing between the two products.
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-17 16:54:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Mr S, my postcode is IV2 5FJ. Only adsl1/vdsl2 available for this postcode, however the huge house on tower road which faces woodlands park can get native fttp - at least that's what the openreach bod told me. Different postcode though.

TalkTalk Business 80/20
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(regular) Mon 23-Jan-17 16:59:46
Print Post

I can't see any telegraph poles around there, can FTTP be available from an underground fibre node?
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-17 17:05:08
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

most lines run underground in the area as houses are relatively new so I guess any FTTx infrastructure would also run underground.

TalkTalk Business 80/20

Edited by baby_frogmella (Mon 23-Jan-17 17:06:25)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to