General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User colbird12
(newbie) Thu 26-Jan-17 13:43:08
Print Post

Now I am BT FTTP customer my phone number is not recognised?

[link to this post]

Afternoon all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this, I have in the past I believe seen similar issues posted here.

Since I became an FTTP Infinity 4 customer, my telephone number is now not recognised as being just that.

For example any website that offers to return results of available broadband only returns ADSL service being available at my property, including BT's retail and Wholesale checking tool.

Which brings me to my problem, I have been trying to order BT TV Ultra HD but I cannot as it checks your telephone number to see if you have a suitable broadband connection, and according to the registery I only have a 5mb ADSL connection. (which is what I had before FTTP)

I have called BT 7 times about this issue, and now I am being quoted 18 working days before someone will even look at this issue. Ontop of the 2 months I have already been pursing this. Goes without saying trying to explain the problem to BT retail in the first place is no easy feat.

Can someone please help or direct me accordingly I would be very grateful indeed.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Jan-17 13:52:36
Print Post

Re: Now I am BT FTTP customer my phone number is not recogni

[re: colbird12] [link to this post]

So you have BT Infinity 4 already?

Are you ringing BT sales or the BT premium support number that Infinity 4 is supposed to have?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User colbird12
(newbie) Thu 26-Jan-17 13:59:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
So you have BT Infinity 4 already?

Are you ringing BT sales or the BT premium support number that Infinity 4 is supposed to have?

I already have Infinity 4 (18 months now) and I am ringing the dedicated Fibre to the Home team who are far better than the sales or retail lines. But they just cannot do anything as they its not a broadband issue.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Thu 26-Jan-17 14:06:39
Print Post

Do you have a FVA number?
Standard User colbird12
(newbie) Thu 26-Jan-17 14:12:57
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

I have both a standard geographical number and a FVA number (both work and the phone rings when dialled)

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Jan-17 14:26:53
Print Post

Never tried fixing issues like this, well its not a fix its more bang two heads together in BT Retail, but email me Andrew@thinkbroadband.com with your details and will pester people to figure it out and get in touch.

Which BT TV package is it you are after?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 26-Jan-17 14:27:36
Print Post

I wonder if it is only available via multi-cast. From the cabinet that you aren't going through for broadband.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Jan-17 14:33:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Multi-cast is available over GEA-FTTP platform, my guess is that the same way the BT Retail site sometimes breaks by not showing Infinity 3/4 options that someone has broke something again, i.e. this is a 1% of a 1% scenario request and thus probably not on the crib sheets

Standard User colbird12
(newbie) Thu 26-Jan-17 14:36:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Never tried fixing issues like this, well its not a fix its more bang two heads together in BT Retail, but email me Andrew@thinkbroadband.com with your details and will pester people to figure it out and get in touch.

Which BT TV package is it you are after?

Thank you !! I have all the details inc a VOL ref number in which the problem is well documented with BT (they read the ticket out to me each time I ring for an update).

BT Total Entertainment - UHD STB - inc BT Sports etc
Standard User BigladUK
(newbie) Tue 28-Feb-17 09:20:50
Print Post

Hi

Did you get this resolved back in Jan as I have the same problem.

I have infinity 3 and spent nearly 3 weeks trying to order BT TV and ended up speaking to the dedicated FTTP/FTTH people who processed the order manually, but it was a pain

The kicker was that when I received the BT TV box, I discovered that without a BT Homehub ( I'm using an Apple Airport Extreme ) the BT Sport channels don't work LOL

Si
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to