General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cjdavid
(newbie) Sun 29-Jan-17 20:17:05
Print Post

Phase LEP PLUS 16b?

[link to this post]

My cabinet is suppose to go live by the end of March this year.

Does anyone know what "Phase LEP PLUS 16b" means please?
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Jan-17 21:04:19
Print Post

Re: Phase LEP PLUS 16b?

[re: cjdavid] [link to this post]

Since BT started deploying FTTC and FTTP, their "announcements" followed some phase numbering - 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. They started to get a letter too - 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a etc.

Announcements have stopped, but BT's phase numbering has continued. So the "16b" is a part of this gradual increment.

Then BT started rolling out county-based BDUK projects, so the phase numbering started to add that data too. My exchange has the following:
- Phase 04b 2010-2011
- Phase 06a 2011
- Phase BDUK NYNET 10b
- BDUK NYNET Phase 2 14a

London has no BDUK project, so doesn't see the phase numbering in this way. However, BT announced they had some money to spend on major cities a while ago. It seems like they have spent it all in London, where the upgrades have been part of the LEP - London Extension Project.

Presumably the PLUS signifies that they've started spending a second set of money, in a 2nd wave of the LEP.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Feb-17 01:17:34
Print Post

Re: Phase LEP PLUS 16b?

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Agreed our exchange LNILC (Ilford Central) had the following:

Phase 05b 2011
Phase 10a 2013
Phase 11b 2013-2014
Phase LEP PLUS 15b
Phase LEP 16b
Phase LEP 17a

And the LEP 17a is down to be completed April this year.

I can also see down the road from me that they are moving another PCP cabinet 230m (other side of a block of flats) due to there was no space to re-shell the PCP where it was and also install a FTTC, whereas the new location there is plenty of space.

In fact it now seems that everyone else on my exchange have jumped 2 stages to the Design Stage with the following message:
You're in a fibre plan and we're looking at the existing network in your area to see how we will design the upgrade.

You can't order a fibre service today but typically it'll be available to your premises within the next 12 months.
Find out more about the fibre journey.

So at least they have come back to do stuff on my exchange.

Not seen any more LEP Phases as yet, but this is early days.

A lot of the FTTP areas listed on codelook haven't got fibre due to they run out of E Side fibres so I have been told.

But its good to see non BDUK areas getting more stuff done at last.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to