General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dw2k
(member) Fri 03-Feb-17 17:40:03
Print Post

Cabinet confusion / EO Line - Ongoing for a year now

[link to this post]

My sanity is being checked smile

In March 2016 I was informed that my EO line was now on Cabinet 5 and I could order FTTC. After 3 months of trying, my provider gave up (Plusnet). The dslchecker.bt.com page went back to showing EO line. Then in December 2016 it went back to showing Cab5 so I placed another order, which has today been rejected due to it being an EO line.

Cabinet 5 never existed and a PCP and FTTC cabinet were built brand new next to each other.

What is going wrong here? If I check the numbers of my neighbours they show Cab5 and FTTC available yet if I place an order it gets rejected eventually.

I am on Exchange ESDUS postcode TD11 3AP

Cheers
David

PlusNet
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 03-Feb-17 17:48:48
Print Post

Re: Cabinet confusion / EO Line - Ongoing for a year now

[re: Dw2k] [link to this post]

Who informed you originally? ISPs have been known to get plans mixed up or ahead of themselves.

We believe it went live around Apr 16

What does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say for you address?
Also what does
https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-g...
say?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Dw2k
(member) Fri 03-Feb-17 17:55:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Originally back in March 2016 it was me checking dslchecker.bt.com constantly smile

After it showed as available I phoned up PN they did a check and confirmed with me they could order, which they did. That then turned into a 3 month long helpdesk ticket going backwards and forward between me, PN and BTOR. Eventually they cancelled and refunded as BTOR said EO line.

The checker then changed shortly afterwards and went back to not showing connected to a Cab and FTTC unavailable.

Then in Dec 2016 the checkers showed it as available again so I did the dance with PN again, they checked and confirmed they could order (27th Dec) but today they have cancelled as they said engineer was unable to as line is EO.

Both those checkers say available: http://imgur.com/a/dHHx5

Cheers
David

PlusNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Fri 03-Feb-17 20:33:15
Print Post

Try a more competent ISP
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 03-Feb-17 22:17:52
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Was going to say try another ISP

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Feb-17 03:54:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Was going to say try another ISP

Ditto.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Standard User Dw2k
(member) Sat 04-Feb-17 10:44:35
Print Post

Ok, consensus seems to be try a different ISP smile

If BTOR just tell the ISP what the issue is, how would a different ISP be able to help?

PlusNet
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Feb-17 11:26:09
Print Post

ISPs sometimes run their own databases, rather than look up in real time, so an ISP computer may so no when Openreach say yes, and this seems to be slightly more common at PlusNet (or if not more common just more visible)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Feb-17 15:57:00
Print Post

What does plusnet say when you put your phone line number and property post code on the checker via plusnet order, if it say YES, then tell them the site say yes, BT Checker say yes, openreach checker say yes, if the supplier at PN say no, then ask them to speak to BT Wholesale manager of why & explaining by the only ISP from PN say no but elsewhere say yes?

Edited by adslmax (Sat 04-Feb-17 15:58:29)

Standard User Dw2k
(member) Sat 04-Feb-17 16:39:19
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Yep all the checkers, inc Plusnet show Fibre as available.

Looks like i'll try contacting them again and seeing about the BT Wholesale thing.

PlusNet
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to