General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hatchet1
(newbie) Mon 06-Feb-17 11:44:38
Print Post

Increased Capacity for Fibre - Timscales?

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

First post so apologies if this is not in the correct forum, long story short, i've been having major issues getting connected to Fibre, Bt tell me i'm currently on a waiting list for it.

My copper broadband went down on Thursday, i initially thought that i would be getting switched to fibre however, i called bt and they said it was an issue outside my property, engineer came and sorted the issue.

He then told me that he checked the cabinet and in the last week there has been contractors doing work to increase the fibre side of things, he was unsure of the timescales this would normally.

I have also asked BT and they can't tell me, does anyone have an idea of the timescales it would generally take from this stage onwards?

Exchange name: Airdrie
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 63
Technology: FTTC

Thanks in advance
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 06-Feb-17 12:06:13
Print Post

Re: Increased Capacity for Fibre - Timscales?

[re: hatchet1] [link to this post]

If you check on www.dslchecker.bt.com you will see your cabinet has a waiting list.

Have you actually placed an order for FTTC?
Standard User hatchet1
(newbie) Tue 07-Feb-17 08:43:45
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yeah it does say waiting list, i managed to place an order at the start of january, what annoyed me was my friend and neighbour placed an order after me but was connected before me?

Surely that cannot be right?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Feb-17 09:31:43
Print Post

A lot will depend on when the provider placed the order, and whether a migration (which has a minimum 10 day period of do nothing) or a new provide

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(member) Tue 07-Feb-17 15:12:14
Print Post

Yes, that's strange. Surely if your order was placed before the cabinet went on a waiting list, then you'd get your connection?!
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 07-Feb-17 15:19:42
Print Post

Best thing to do is to keep watching the dslchecker and when it says Available then place an order. I don't think many ISPs actually use a waiting list.
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(member) Tue 07-Feb-17 15:22:18
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Good idea, but if he's already got an order in progress then would this cause more issues?
  Print Thread

Jump to