General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jayteepics
(regular) Fri 10-Feb-17 21:25:26
Print Post

BT Infinity 1 Changing T&C's

[link to this post]

My first year with this plan expires on August 1st 2017 however I've received an "offer" from BT to renew for 18 months apparently from next month to renew Infinity 1 including line rental and was wondering what the panel thinks of this offer as I assume lots of subscribers are in this position?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 10-Feb-17 21:55:41
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity 1 Changing T&C's

[re: jayteepics] [link to this post]

All depends on your view of the terms of the offer and its very likely that different people will get different offers.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 10-Feb-17 23:22:45
Print Post

What has the question got to do with T & Cs? Am I missing something? Maybe that your line rental isn't currently with BT?

Edit - I've just realised the early start date of the new contract, and wonder if there is any explanation as to why they aren't waiting. To do with the price increase I believe is due?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 10-Feb-17 23:24:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jayteepics
(regular) Fri 10-Feb-17 23:58:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well I'm a tad surprised that this is news on TB Perhaps T&Cs doesn't explain things, so let me expand... BT sent me an email [given I am on. Contract for 12 months which is due to expire at the end of July 2017] offering me a new deal whereby I will avoid increases in my payment to them in a new deal an offer which will expire at the end of March 2017 which apparently increases my payment but includes line rental. Seems fine but a) I was surprised that they could come back to me before the end of my agreement and b) if I don't take their offer I could be screwed come August.
As I mentioned earlier I am amazed that this hasn't come up previously on TB. Should however I have posted this in the wrong forum on TB then please accept my apologies.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 11-Feb-17 01:01:05
Print Post

That's not a change to T & Cs. The orice rise is well known, as is the fact you may not be aware of that the price rise within contract enables people to leave without penalty, as long as they notify within 30 days of being personally informed by letter or email that it is coming. (Ofcom rules for all ISPs). No need to pay off the required amount stated in the T & Cs.

Many people do take advantage each year and migrate for a better deal elsewhere, then move again elsewhere or back when their new ISP raises their price within the contract period.

All that BT have done is offer you a retention deal early, to stop you leaving.

Line rental and broadband prices now have to be added together and presented as one figure when offered in a bundle. If you look at all the big boys' websites you will see they all do this. Only where broadband is offered with the line rental with a different provider is it not included.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Feb-17 09:13:22
Print Post

Yes, they can do it and it isn't that uncommon. BT can choose to offer to change the terms of your supply at any time - but they can't force it on you (unless they also give you the option to leave which is what they do with the price rises).

When prices went up last year I had an offer from BT - I was about 3 months in to the minimum term on a deal and the new deal was significantly better and only increased the minimum term by that 3 months - so I went for it.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-17 17:23:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
What has the question got to do with T & Cs? Am I missing something?

or who "The Panel" is.?
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 17:25:49
Print Post

Depends on the deal, what were you offered?
Standard User jayteepics
(regular) Mon 13-Feb-17 21:14:42
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Depends on the deal, what were you offered?

My apologies I'll have to learn how to phrase questions better.

BT offer is...

Unlimited Infinity 1
100GB CLOUD
Up to 52Mb speed
Totally Unlimited usage every month
We're offering you Unlimited Infinity 1 with line rental at £31.49 a month, as a thank you for being with BT. That's 34% off our standard price.
£31 .49 Δ /mth
Including line rental
18 months
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 22:43:40
Print Post

Ring 0800 800150
Ask for cancellations

Deals that are going include (based on forum posts)
1) BT Infinity 1 for £25.99 - 24 months
2) BT Infinity 1 for £27.99 - 18 months
3) BT Infinity 2 for £33.49 - 24 months
4) BT infinity 2 for 35.49 - 18 months

The deal you have is good, but I think they can do better.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to