General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(member) Mon 13-Feb-17 11:03:51
Print Post

FTTC - BT IP Profile Set Low

[link to this post]

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that the BT IP profile for FTTC connections is being set too low. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the problem and is there a possibility of someone investigating this? I wish I could but I've no idea where to start.

Thanks,

William
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-17 11:15:00
Print Post

Re: FTTC - BT IP Profile Set Low

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

What percentage of your sync rate is the IP profile set at?

Is G.INP active?

Are you on the variable SNR trial?
(member) Mon 13-Feb-17 11:23:59
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Sorry, I forgot to tell you those things.

94.42%.

Yes.

Yes.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Feb-17 11:26:00
Print Post

And how stable is your connection? Does the sync rate change over time? If so it could be the sync rate has increased but that the profile is lagging behind a little.
(member) Mon 13-Feb-17 11:31:43
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Very stable, but not as stable as previously due to being the trial, the only resyncs have been due to DLM changing the downstream SNR margin.

Edited by WilliamGrimsley (Mon 13-Feb-17 11:34:58)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Feb-17 11:55:51
Print Post

So what has the lowest sync rate in the last week to 2 weeks been? How does that compare with the IP profile?
(member) Mon 13-Feb-17 11:58:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In the last 2 weeks, the lowest downstream rate has been 36400 kbps. However, in the last week, the lowest downstream rate has been 43742 kbps.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 13-Feb-17 12:25:52
Print Post

Somebody posted a while ago with a low IP Profile, and I replied I have had this happening through several re-sync's.

I have the advantage that my ISP control panel gives the system log for my connection, as opposed to purely my line as shown in the router log.

BT Wholesale are reporting to AAISP a figure a consistent percentage below the sync. The IP Profile was 0.9669 x that BT Wholesale figure.

Here and now I can't find the relevant log frown It may be the Radius log, and I haven't re-sync'ed for several weeks and it only gives a few days.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 13-Feb-17 12:27:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Perhaps poster needs to move to an ISP such as AAISP to get more access to more data on the line, so they can manage the line

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 13-Feb-17 12:33:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'm on AAISP and have the same problem. But complicated by the fact my line has been banded for months. I'm wondering if there is a connection between banding and false reporting. By either BT Wholesale or even the Openreach info passed to the user modems and displayed by them. (This has been happening on five different ones).

The sync shown is the capped figure as per the line profile that AAISP have. At the moment, as just posted to the OP, I can't find the log that gives the long bps supplied by BTW. (bps, not Kbps or Mbps). That's the figure the IP Profile is based on.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to