General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mattocaster6
(newbie) Mon 13-Feb-17 13:43:33
Print Post

What does this mean (Roadworks.org BT Planned works)

[link to this post]

RESHELL JRF10:80, JCN **** ROAD, ****LANE

Description:
Erect/Renew 1 PCP cabinet and base (600mm x 300mm x 1000mm),Install 2m of 4 poly ducts in Verge

I censored the names of the road/lane for anonymity purposes, but I was wondering what this exactly means? Openreach's website has said my cabinet has been in the "Connecting" stage for the past 6 months or so, and it appears my cabinet keeps getting delayed for FTTC activation.

I contacted my local authority about this a week or two ago and they said my cabinet needed to be "reshelled" and is "on track for delivery by March 2017".

The roadworks specified finishes on 16th February, can I expect to be able to order fibre after this cabinet reshelling is finished or what?
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 14:00:05
Print Post

Re: What does this mean (Roadworks.org BT Planned works)

[re: mattocaster6] [link to this post]

They're replacing the shell of the copper cabinet there. This is required in some cases to allow them to deploy FTTC, so seems positive.
Standard User mattocaster6
(newbie) Mon 13-Feb-17 14:07:04
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

So I assume the current copper PCP cabinet is too small so they're replacing the shell with a larger one? They already installed the FTTC cabiinet a while back so I guess this is the final step to getting fibre activated?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-17 14:16:29
Print Post

Yeah, if there wasn't enough space in the older one for the tie pair across to the fibre cabinet then hopefully, it shouldn't be too long after the PCP is erected, that you go live.
Standard User j0hn83
(member) Mon 13-Feb-17 15:35:30
Print Post

Yep, sounds like a standard reshell of the PCP. If the power and fibre is already connected to the Fibre cabinet then I would guess a few weeks to a month till you can order. They need to cone back after the reshell and connect tie cables and perform all their tests. If the fibre/power still needs connected it could be much longer.
  Print Thread

Jump to