General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User darrellr
(member) Wed 15-Feb-17 20:53:47
Print Post

Trivial question re Talk Talk router

[link to this post]

Apologies for an inane question but I'm curious as to why I see different up times reported on different screens of my TT Business Superrouter.

On the home page it is currently showing my internet connection as being 'up' for 2 days 2 hours and 25 mins. However, on the maintain screens it shows the system uptime as 17 days 9 hours 27 minutes 54 seconds and DSL uptime as 17 days 9 hours 27 minutes 27 seconds.

When my line was still recovering from a low of 20mb/s the DSLAM would regularly resync the line and the home page time and the dsl uptme would be equal. However, now I'm stuck on a 67/20 band ive noticed twice that the home page internet uptime value has reset but the DSL connection has not changed; at ~10 days and at ~15 days.

Any ideas why?

TalkTalk Business Fibre Broadband
(74 mbps, 9db attenuation, 7.4db SNR, 300 metres from cab)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 15-Feb-17 21:43:45
Print Post

Re: Trivial question re Talk Talk router

[re: darrellr] [link to this post]

System uptime is how long the router has been switched on.
DSL uptime is a bit less than that, which means it made the FTTC connection to the cabinet soon after, and that FTTC connection has not been broken.
Internet connection is the length of time your PPP session has been up. That's your login to your TalkTalk internet routers enabling you to use the internet.

That suggests that just over two days ago something happened to cause that PPP session to be lost and re-established. But the router and sync with the cabinet were not disturbed.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14156Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User darrellr
(member) Wed 15-Feb-17 23:32:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Very logical. So, unfortunately, nothing to do with my banding

TalkTalk Business Fibre Broadband
(74 mbps, 9db attenuation, 7.4db SNR, 300 metres from cab)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 15-Feb-17 23:50:44
Print Post

By "your login to your TalkTalk internet routers", I of course meant their internal network that connects you to the web.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14156Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 15-Feb-17 23:50:44
Print Post

Re: Trivial question re Talk Talk router *DELETED*

Post deleted by RobertoS - it was a duplicate.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 15-Feb-17 23:51:59)

Print Thread

Jump to