General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jalzoo
(newbie) Sat 25-Feb-17 14:58:40
Print Post

Aquiss 80/20 So far So Good!! Can someone check my stats

[link to this post]

My line just went live yesterday with aquiss 80/20 everything feels so stable compared to Virgin media.

Speedtest:

Picture

BQM:

picture

Ping's are also amazing 5-10ms depending on where the servers are:

Picture

I'm using a Nighthawk AC1900 i have no idea what good stats are and what are bad could someone tell me if these are OK?

Line Attenuation:

Downstream: D0( 9.7) D1( 22.7) D2( 36.2) dB
Upstream: U0( 0.1) U1( 17.5) U2( 27.6) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

Noise Margin:

Downstream: D0( 6.9) D1( 6.9) D2( 6.9) dB
Upstream: U0( 10.9) U1( 10.3) U2( 9.1) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

Link Rate:

Downstream: 79987 Kbp
Upstream: 20000 Kbps

VDSL2 Profile Profile 17a
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-17 15:29:50
Print Post

Re: Aquiss 80/20 So far So Good!! Can someone check my stats

[re: jalzoo] [link to this post]

Looking really good so far.

Im also synced at 80/20 with the fibre can the other side of our front garden wall.

My upstream and downstream margins are not that dissimilar to yours, although the other way around.

====================================================================================
VDSL Band Status U0 U1 U2 U3 U4 D1 D2 D3
Line Attenuation(dB): 0.1 4.6 8.3 N/A N/A 3.0 6.7 11.7
Signal Attenuation(dB): 0.1 4.6 8.2 N/A N/A 4.1 6.6 11.7
SNR Margin(dB): 7.0 7.4 6.8 N/A N/A 9.9 9.9 9.9
TX Power(dBm): -18.3 -47.6 -15.7 N/A N/A 8.3 7.5 7.2
====================================================================================

Might just be down to the differences between your Netgear and my ZyXel router though.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Feb-17 18:03:51
Print Post

Looks great.

You are 12Kbps off the maximum 79999 that we see on an 80/20 connection like yours. The next lines below the Link Rates are usually (average) attenuation and (average) noise margin - SNR(M) which would be good to see.

If by yesterday you mean specifically Friday before 23:40, as opposed to the early hours of this morning where your BQM starts, I would expect a resync well inside daylight hours would give you a huge jump of 12Kbps wink. That assumes your downstream noise margin is 6.3dB or above.

Or it might not. To be honest I'd leave it as it is. Certainly if it did really transfer in the early hours of this morning, don't touch it till Monday.

Similarly, a re-sync might put you on a less good Entanet gateway, giving you the 79999Kbps but higher latency. Another reason to leave well alone smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-17 21:32:47
Print Post

Who are your reseller of entanet isp? As I know entanet don't do any broadband direct with them but only the reseller smaller isp.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 25-Feb-17 21:33:40
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

It says Aquiss
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Feb-17 21:39:41
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Ah, but he's proved he looked at the speed test result. Which comes after the ISP name in the post.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Feb-17 22:39:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Similarly, a re-sync might put you on a less good Entanet gateway, giving you the 79999Kbps but higher latency.

Entanet got rid of the roundrobin gateway central approach years ago Bob, literally years. The same gateways will be allocated based on the Node interconnect.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Feb-17 22:57:39
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Ah, great smile.

I often wonder what happened to James - ADSL24. after that got in a mess. I expect you remember the mapping he produced of MSAN to node connections, with some amazing and interesting linkages, and whether the topology is till the same. IIRC he got told by the powers to be to withdraw it.

I expect that auto-switching to fall-over routes is now implemented, as it wasn't originally from what I remember.

Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Feb-17 23:23:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I expect that auto-switching to fall-over routes is now implemented, as it wasn't originally from what I remember.

In the past there was some Network elements that were vulnerable, but from 3 years back, things have indeed changed and improved leaps. All Nodes are indeed served by regional multiple links and primary and secondary routes for Nodes are in place, likewise there is a degree of realm steering for further confidence in working towards keeping customers uptime.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Limited
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 25-Feb-17 23:43:38
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Yes. It was said it was supposed to be there at day one I believe, but wasn't. Entanet were the main victims frown.

It's been obvious for a while that their network was much more robust these days. No doubt they have improved things themselves, but the bulk of the problems were clearly down to various parts of BT Group. And that last-minute policy change re how MSIL capacity was charged.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to