General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cjdavid
(newbie) Sat 04-Mar-17 09:23:54
Print Post

power to cabinet and also fibre?

[link to this post]

HI Guys,

This week, between the 6-10 March, BT will be adding power to my cabinet...this is the second time, they will be doing this.

During this time, is it possible for the fibre cable to be included later on, say Thursday or Friday? Or does the fibre cable have to done at another date? The reason I asked, is because the deadline is the 31st March. And I'm eager for it to move to the "activate" box on the Openreach website for the 4 weeks of testing lol.

Roadworks quote below:

"POWER CONNECTION following street cabinet installation. Excavate to expose low voltage cable for Power Connection and lay duct. POWER engineer to carry out inspection prior to jointing. POWER jointing team to insert cable and execute jointing works. Reinstate, Check and clear site"
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Mar-17 09:38:32
Print Post

Re: power to cabinet and also fibre?

[re: cjdavid] [link to this post]

Anything is possible, but likely to be too separate teams of people and given state of roll-out and workloads they are usually busy elsewhere

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Mar-17 09:43:59
Print Post

Whose deadline is 31 March?

If that is just the scheduled availability date it just means "possible". Quarter end dates are nearly always just place-holders, meaning it is still in the rollout list. They usually change to later during the week before the quarter end.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User witchunt
(member) Sat 04-Mar-17 12:15:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think it unlikely. The fibre cablers won't want to be working at the cab the same time the power is being connected
Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Sat 04-Mar-17 19:18:20
Print Post

BT don't do the power its the power company
power only gets done once
who said the date is 31/1st march -- if tis codelook that's actually a openreach view to the service providers about when a cab might be potentially available but is not a give date and actually its not even public information -- so don't assume it is correct or right as that date will be a place holder -- anything that causes an issue such as power / fibre / objection etc will mean that placeholder date will be missed
Standard User cjdavid
(learned) Mon 06-Mar-17 16:27:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,

I checked openreach's web site and entered my phone number. And now it says:

"we need to do some further checks. Please enter your postcode for the most accurate information about your premises"

I entered my post code, and it use to show me the "connect" box for FTTC. And now as of today, it has gone to the "in scope" "your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded to FTTP"?
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Mon 06-Mar-17 17:08:04
Print Post

Sometimes, when the cab is about to go live, the checkers getting muddled up.

If the cab is there and work has been ongoing, they wouldn't all of a sudden scrap the plans and change to FTTP.
Standard User cjdavid
(learned) Mon 06-Mar-17 20:37:20
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:

If the cab is there and work has been ongoing, they wouldn't all of a sudden scrap the plans and change to FTTP.

Finger's crossed it does....when I checked the dsl checker it still says 31 March
Standard User cjdavid
(learned) Tue 07-Mar-17 09:42:08
Print Post

Just found out someone is working on my cabinet now, and digging up the road smile

I'm assuming this is just for the power connection mentioned in roadworks....but I hope it is also related to the fibre cable
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Mar-17 12:34:07
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:

I know its a bit late of a reply, but they do do that depending on the amount of lines that are too far from the cabinet.
If the cost of a new FTTC costs more than the few lines that would get FTTP, they would get FTTP.

It would really be stupid for them to install an AIO for just a few lines, which is why you see the odd few homes with FTTP surrounded by homes with FTTC.

They have also done that the other way round where some get FTTP and the rest end up getting FTTC.

So it does happen, maybe just not that often.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to