General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User plc143
(regular) Tue 07-Mar-17 18:51:12
Print Post

0.9%

[link to this post]

EO line in London and have been waiting 6 yrs so far.
been on openjoke site and my addy is "pending".
can anyone tell me if anything is happening apart from them stuffing cash in their trousers.
nice to see that its come down by 0.1%
thanx
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Mar-17 18:55:27
Print Post

Re: 0.9%

[re: plc143] [link to this post]

Post code would be nice?

Also we were waiting 5 years for ours to go live even though all the hardware was installed back in 2011 - 2012.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Tue 07-Mar-17 18:56:43)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Mar-17 19:38:20
Print Post

Numerous cabinets in Bermondsey recently, more in Chelsea and indications of FTTP for even more locations.

Without a postcode difficult to be an more specific

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 07-Mar-17 20:18:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

What about New Cross?
Standard User hvis42
(learned) Wed 08-Mar-17 10:01:38
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Not much has happened in New Cross area. We have a flat there in SE14 5XX on EO line with no plans to upgrade this far. The good thing there is the average ADSL speed is around 17Mbps making it bearable. Our Rotherhithe flat where I actually live is a different story altogether. EO as well but ADSL speed is in practice around 3Mbps making all sorts of HD / 4K streaming services a distant dream and software upgrades lengthy to download. I do a lot of photography and uploading today's catch to Adobe cloud takes anything between two and three weeks.

OR have installed new cabinets to cover most of the inner parts in Rotherhithe peninsula. Local MPs and councillors have been making quite a lot of noise about the issue. It may or may not have helped those lucky ones who have had their EO lines rearranged.

This is more or less the only possibility you have unless you live in a large block of flats or can team up with your neighbours to create a "community" to fund the rearrangement. Hyperoptic will be happy to do any large building free of charge. Community projects I have heard of tend to be around £30k and if you can get enough people behind it, the cost per home is bearable. If you live in a block of flats that is not large enough for Hyperoptic, you might be able to persuade them to come your way if you did it jointly with a neighbouring block.

You don't want to hear this but if and when your ADSL line provides over 10Mbps speeds, I would be surprised if there was much development without a community project there. We don't know how the new USO will be implemented in 2020 and how it will be funded. OR have indicated they would be able to commit to 10Mbps USO without any additional funding. Rearrangement of ADSL lines already providing this is probably not a priority for them as there is a lot to do in areas not being even close to 10MB. There are plenty of those in London as well and they can't rely on government funding to solve those. If you live in a house that has a fast EO line in London, I fear you might be at the bottom of the queue.

Is Virgin anywhere nearby?

H
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 08-Mar-17 10:13:55
Print Post

Don't recall seeing FTTP appearing in progress for EO areas there, mostly in the heart of London north of river, as part of the 1 million business FTTP roll-out

The EO flat clusters need to work with landlords to chase people like Hyperoptic

Around Deptford Bridge has a few cabinets with no known plans and the usual near exchange EO too

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User plc143
(regular) Thu 09-Mar-17 14:49:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thank you for the reply`s
im in SE15 3xx on Newcross.
6 new houses at the end of a cul-de-sac.
what is a pisser is that next door gets Virgin cable but i can`t get nothing but 7mbps.
the wait goes on frown

Edited by plc143 (Thu 09-Mar-17 14:50:51)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 09-Mar-17 15:36:58
Print Post

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Address KIRKWOOD ROAD, PECKHAM, LONDON, SE15 3XX on Exchange NEW CROSS is served by Cabinet 46

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availibility Date

WBC SOGEA Availibility Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 62.8 20 19 55.5 Available -- -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 68.6 39.8 20 10 32.4 Available -- -- --

Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- -- --

ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available -- -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available -- -- --
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available -- -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- --
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Thu 09-Mar-17 15:54:30
Print Post

I don't think the posters postcode is 3XX.

I think it's 3xx (xx hiding the actual last two letters as to protect their identity).
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 09-Mar-17 16:05:53
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

To do that, it's best to choose a postcode that doesn't exist. 3?? for example

Edited by BatBoy (Thu 09-Mar-17 16:07:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to