General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User plankton
(regular) Sat 11-Mar-17 10:53:19
Print Post

FTTP On Demand

[link to this post]

According the BT Wholesale Checker FTTP On Demand has just been made available to me. Although I now get good BT Infinity 2. I wouldn't mind paying to get a true fibre service (Yes I know FTTPod can be expensive to install but work might pick up the tab!). I called BT Retail and first they didn't have an idea what FTTPod was, when I eventually got through to someone that did they said that it wasn't available and that they did not have the ability to view BT Wholesales checker and had to go by Openreach data. I did offer to send them the screenshot of the BTW ADSL checker but they declined and also declined to investigate further.

Firstly it strikes me that splitting BTOR even further from BT Retail will make them, at least in the short term, even more incompetent than they are now.

Second can someone give me some pointers as how I might progress this enquiry for BT FTTPod?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Mar-17 11:56:32
Print Post

Re: FTTP On Demand

[re: plankton] [link to this post]

Given they sell a BT Wholesale based service no reason they cannot use that checker...

BT Consumer does not sell FTTPoD, you need to talk with the BT Business unit

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Mar-17 12:12:40
Print Post

Forget about BT (Residential or Business), currently there is only 1 ISP who sell FTTP On demand - Fluidone.com. See my thread here

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4526073-bt-...

FTTPoD is costing me £3700 in setup costs (band D) and £300 per month service charges for the 330/30 mbps product on a 3 year term after which the pricing will drop to native FTTP (if I were to take out a new cheaper contract)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 11-Mar-17 14:08:50)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Sat 11-Mar-17 13:17:14
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I assume its dropping to native fttp at the end of the 3 year as that's the commercial decision your service provider of choice as determined
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Mar-17 13:37:15
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Nothing to do with commercial decision of the CP, its Openreach who've decided that the FTTPoD product can be changed to native FTTP pricing once the minimum 3 year term is completed. Of course if you do nothing after the 36 months, you will continue to pay the sky high monthly service charges but go on a rolling 30 day contract.

At the end of the minimum contract term the FTTP on Demand circuit can be ceased without early termination penalty. The customer is free to move to FTTP at any available speed or other option. This is not a migration or regrade and would not be triggered automatically. This change would rely on the customer initiating the order of a new circuit and ceasing the old.

TalkTalk Business 80/20

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 11-Mar-17 14:09:42)

Standard User plankton
(regular) Sat 11-Mar-17 14:23:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks all I'll go the business route and catch my Financial Director in a good mood to stump up the money!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Mar-17 15:17:51
Print Post

Remember its not just the extra install fee, it is more expensive per month too £150+

So if you have Infinity 2 already then to get the extra speed it is a large outlay

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Mar-17 15:18:29
Print Post

Add Spectrum Internet in Wales

(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Mar-17 15:36:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

Spectrum do not offer Openreach/BTw based FTTP(oD), just FTTP over their own network which is limited to Southwest UK.

TalkTalk Business 80/20

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 11-Mar-17 15:37:46)

Standard User cymru123
(regular) Sat 11-Mar-17 16:28:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

Spectrum do not offer Openreach/BTw based FTTP(oD), just FTTP over their own network which is limited to Southwest UK.

It's on their site that they offer FTTPoD? (may only be in ther coverage area though i.e Wales and South West) - https://spectruminternet.com/business-broadband/fttp...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to