General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Sat 11-Mar-17 23:08:58
Print Post

Benington PCP2

[link to this post]

Hi
My EO line has now had a PCP sprout up right next to the exchange.

Somewhat interestingly instead of going for an all in one cab which seems common - standard PCP has popped up and a small huawei cab next to it.

Any idea why this might be?

On a side note - Is it possible to estimate VDSL2 speeds based on ADSL1 attenuation? I'm guessing its a bit of a shot in the dark?

I've attached some photo's.

Thanks

http://i67.tinypic.com/afc1h3.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/jpxv8k.jpg
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 11-Mar-17 23:19:43
Print Post

Re: Benington PCP2

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

A rough guess should be possible, as the line length is almost the same. We also need the approximate distance between the PCP and the fibre cabinet.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65702/13958Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Mar-17 09:43:21
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

Your combination is the more common one, and which is chosen depends on the number of lines being served.

A two box solution also means g.fast is a potential future option, not sure about g.fast pods and the all in one units

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User unknown101
(learned) Sun 12-Mar-17 09:50:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

As you can see there's been a change with the PCP 7/7 shells they seem to have a slot on each side for where the new side pods for g.fast are going to be sited. The old ones don't have this so I'm guessing it makes it easier and quicker to retrofit onto the shell.
Standard User dippylicious
(newbie) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:06:10
Print Post

[re: unknown101] [link to this post]

I'm on an EO line and they have installed the two cabinets here as well, look exactly the same as the ones in the original pics, but they are only a metre or so apart.

Work seems to have gone at breakneck speed as the cabinets seemed to be installed, had the cables pulled into them then work on the street light next to them all within 2 weeks, and we went straight from "in scope" to "connect" on the When and Where page. Never seem so many Openreach vans kicking around the exchange as have recently.

Guess we will see a flurry of these EO cabinets as some of the BDUK projects are coming near the end dates.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:27:17
Print Post

[re: dippylicious] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dippylicious:
Guess we will see a flurry of these EO cabinets as some of the BDUK projects are coming near the end dates.
And budgets have to be spent by the end of BT's financial year at the end of the month, or be reduced for next year wink.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65702/13958Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:28:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

More likely the case of penalty clauses kicking in if projects don't deliver

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:33:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I was meaning outside of the BDUK stuff. BT-funded infill.

Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Sun 12-Mar-17 14:29:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They do seem to be moving alone pretty quick. All this happened in about the space of a week!

I'm currently still showing as 'in scope' on the checker but codelook and Connected counties say October 2017 for a go live date. Looks like they will be ahead somewhat.
Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Sun 12-Mar-17 15:46:30
Print Post

[re: unknown101] [link to this post]

ability for a Gfast Pod is not the same as having the commercial case for a Gfast Pod
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to