General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wynsese
(newbie) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:35:51
Print Post

Best Broadband?

[link to this post]

Hi guys. I am looking for a reliable and fast Fibre broadband available.

I am currently on Virgin Media 200mb and not receiving the said speed. Mostly 1-10mb only.
They are unable to fix the problem and unable to get an engineer to check.

Can you guys suggest? What ISP do you guys have?
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:42:36
Print Post

Re: Best Broadband?

[re: wynsese] [link to this post]

Try the BT address checker to see what it estimates for you
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Addre...
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Mar-17 10:51:11
Print Post

Broadband is pretty much a commodity service these days. Do the check Batboy suggests and hopefully you can get fibre. Then the likes of BT, Sky, Talktalk or plusnet offer pretty similar services (although the upload on the last 2 is low on their cheaper product)

Kris

Sky Fibre
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User arronlowley
(member) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:39:10
Print Post

There are a few good vdsl isps, imho I would say sky have been the most reliable for me.

We were with bt but they kept charging us for services we never asked for when we signed up, so I wouldn't recommend them on the simple fact they're thieves.

Before I signed up with sky who connected me within 5 days may I add, I signed up for origin broadband for the reason of them being cheap. However I was never connected because they never gave me an install date within the time period they said they would.

Talk talk have the worst customer service as it stands (I believe)

So personally I would recommend sky.

But there are a few other isps I've heard gold stuff about listed below

Zen
Idnet
Vodafone
Aaisp
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Mar-17 11:50:42
Print Post

[re: arronlowley] [link to this post]

I wouldn't recommend Vodafone, no end of people have had problems with the router they force you to use! They will not give out usernames and passwords so you can't use your own router.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Mar-17 17:42:08
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
I wouldn't recommend Vodafone, no end of people have had problems with the router they force you to use! They will not give out usernames and passwords so you can't use your own router.
They might get more customer if they started giving out these details than they do by paying for full page advertisements in the Saturday Telegraph.

Michael Chare
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Mar-17 18:27:37
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Unfortunately the majority of customers will just use what the ISP supply's, it's the minority who want to use their own better hardware or more advanced features that get caught out.

There is huge thread on Kitz where one user switched to Vodafone and then his line constantly kept resyncing, cleary down to the hardware, in the end VF released him from his contract as they couldn't fix it. Now he's with EE using his own router and hasn't had a single problem. There are others which have had these issues as well.

Print Thread

Jump to