General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(committed) Sat 18-Mar-17 21:18:34
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity 2 help

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Understood.
Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sat 18-Mar-17 21:28:02
Print Post

Its just a plusnet branded homehub 5a but unfortunately cant use on BT for some reason.
Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sat 18-Mar-17 21:55:08
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

I have a mk4 faceplate so i removed the front and used the filter that came with the hub it showed 79.5/20 sync.

obviously this isnt practical so have returned the faceplate

Setup a live BQM to show how stable it is overnight

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/adb34ba1d0d...

Ill check in the morning.

and current Smart Hub stats with sync .

https://gyazo.com/9231644dad16ee6f79595f9b7bd889c9

In regards to the worry of being charged for an engineer visit I'm not worried i explained the issue in depth to the person who booked the engineer and have checked everything which i have control of (Within my property) and if anything is at fault it will be either the Hub , BT's wiring or some sort of fault at the cabinet/exchange. I have all the evidence at hand of the dropouts and low syncs and speeds so if i don't get a good enough response or fix I intend to walk from the contract as they cannot fulfil their end of the agreement.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Sat 18-Mar-17 22:01:43
Print Post

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

The difference between the test socket and master socket is expected, that wouldn't suggest there's a fault with your wiring. Will just have to see what the engineer says.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 18-Mar-17 22:26:48
Print Post

You CAN just check for sync stability though, just go without PPP.

Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sat 18-Mar-17 22:32:17
Print Post

Will give it a try tomorrow thanks for the idea much appreciated.
(committed) Sat 18-Mar-17 22:35:37
Print Post

Yes, this is something I forgot to say. A VDSL modem will sync up regardless of ISP.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Mar-17 08:19:57
Print Post

Just recalled the bit about the lift and shift at install, I wonder if that's another duff port your circuit has been moved to ? Worth a mention when the engineer comes to visit.

Standard User alidaf
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 08:27:40
Print Post

You may find, as I did, that by walking away to another provider, the problem will follow you.
I also have constant disconnections. Less than I used to after 9 or so Openreach visits, but still enough to be frustrating. I've had ports changed (which ironically increased the disconnections dramatically), ports cleaned, wires re-crimped, wires between the exchange and cabinet replaced but now they just seem to be throttling the connection speed.
I keep a spreadsheet of all the disconnections, which show some pattern with time of day. You can get some info from your router logs. IIRC, the tr069 section has some cryptic information that always coincided with a disconnection for me. Usually something like "CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'"
No matter which ISP you are with, Openreach will only deal with them. I think you would be better sticking it out and getting it resolved by putting pressure on BT to put some pressure on Openreach.
Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 09:04:08
Print Post

[re: alidaf] [link to this post]

I agree but the £45 a month they are charging for a connection that constantly disconnects bothers me.

as the graph shows was perfectly stable all night until 7am ish this morning where it disconnected. Strange how the disconnections don't happen overnight eh ?.

Basically at another property on the same cabinet I was with another company albeit they were more expensive than £45 a month but it was max sync max speed no throttling no disconnections 24/7.

I will mention the lift and shift to the engineer but i'm not holding my breath as the engineer who installed called me 2 days later to see if it was still ok and didnt seem quite bothered that it had been up and down constantly.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to