General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 09:24:54
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity 2 help

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

Now on the 2nd disconnection of the morning.

https://gyazo.com/36f76a84554c3b3aae6cd1a7b0d8260d
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(committed) Sun 19-Mar-17 09:28:42
Print Post

Can you check if the system uptime is resetting too? Also, it would be worth plugging in that Plusnet Hub One to see if the problem disappears.

Edited by WilliamGrimsley (Sun 19-Mar-17 09:30:02)

Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 09:32:46
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

Nah system uptime is fine. I will check the plusnet hub at a point where i don't need some sort of internet access.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alidaf
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 09:34:00
Print Post

Have you tried creating a spreadsheet to see if there is any pattern, or at what times the highest number of disconnections occurs? For me, the vast majority are at between around 07:00 - 09:00 although I get them in the middle of the night as well.
It will certainly help your case if you can catalogue the disconnections. At least copy and paste the logs from the router as the router will eventually overwrite the older ones.
I have opened a case with Ofcom. I'm just waiting for a letter of deadlock.
Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 09:39:51
Print Post

[re: alidaf] [link to this post]

Yes that's a great idea. So far this issue only happens in the day( Could be cynical and say when other people are using the internet in the area?) Everything will be logged and shown to the engineer on Tuesday and if no fault found and they start trying to charge me for a visit and claiming no fault i will go down the route of a complaint with the evidence and most likely migrate to some sort of business level FTTC.

Anyone got any thoughts on Talk Talk Business FTTC?
Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:07:21
Print Post

4th Disconnection this morning now lower sync and interleaved.

https://gyazo.com/ddaaf175df87410fe3321b9c8543d30d

Quite pathetic really.
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(committed) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:09:54
Print Post

Yes, I would guess the line is interleaved but the stats show fast path. Just shows how "not so smart" the Hub is...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:18:38
Print Post

All points to something that is switching on/off especially if the pattern is reproducible each day, so time to turn off things in the home

Without a whole bag of different hardware to test with its hard to say what is going on. Hardware can and does behave differently on different lines due to the many factors and provider support is reluctant to help, so its try out the PlusNet hub one you have and see if sync is stable or a punt on a Broadcom based VDSL2 modem, and if that's stable use it to connect the Smart Hub using its Ethernet WAN port.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:21:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Smart hub doesn't have a WAN port only the FTTP version of the Smart hub allows the 4th WAN port to be used. nothing in the house changes or the room for that matter over the 24h period i have tried and tested power sockets nothing in the home as at fault here.
Standard User jdigz7
(newbie) Sun 19-Mar-17 11:37:33
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

Just had a text from BT saying ' We have spotted a fault in our broadband network. We don't need access to your home and have cancelled your engineer appointment. We Should have the problem fixed by the 21st, You will receive a text update when its working again.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to