General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nOw2
(learned) Tue 21-Mar-17 17:30:28
Print Post

FTTP delays

[link to this post]

I could cry.

Moved to a house just outside the local town, ADSL is 3Mb on a good day, often syncing at 1.

No FTTC because there's only a few houses on the cabinet. Instead, BT intend to go straight to FTTP. Hurray? There have been FTTP cables and nodes on poles locally since 2014, including one right outside the house.

So I've been watching the BT FTTP page count down for the last four months as the "estimated date to place an FTTP order" went towards 0.

Last week OpenReach were out and inspecting the poles. Very exciting!

Then today I see the estimated date has gone back up to four months.

This is LL57, Bangor, Gwynedd.
We're still on 360p YouTube for now, I guess.
Standard User fiddler
(member) Tue 21-Mar-17 20:58:06
Print Post

Re: FTTP delays

[re: nOw2] [link to this post]

Similar to our situation:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4523377-sup...

Regards,

Rob
Standard User cymru123
(regular) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:03:16
Print Post

The FTTP estimated timeframes are reset for the next quarter if approaching the end of the current quarter where the previous estimated date was in and where the Openreach system is now estimating a month within that 4 months.

This has also happened here and a few other places, however the build completion date is now for next month (hopefully) even though the MAP API is now showing within 4 months again.

Edited by cymru123 (Tue 21-Mar-17 21:04:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Mar-17 22:10:08
Print Post

Agreed, BT getting FTTP completed is a very slow process, even when its all in place already.

We had all our FibreDP, Manifold and all the fibre cables installed 2011 - 2012, yet we was told fibre wasn't even in my area, even though I spoke to the engineers installing the fibre hardware the week before.

We were finally able to order FTTP end of last year and that was after a five year battle with BT along with our local MP getting involved and then finally sending emails to the CEO of BT Group and the Chairman of BT.

So don't give up it will get done.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to