General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User justmandy
(newbie) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:16:20
Print Post

Unable to order fibre due to LLU line?

[link to this post]

Hi,

We live in a rural area but recently the village has had a new FTTC cabinet installed and connected. It appears that due to our existing Broadband being an LLU connection through Xilo to TalkTalk, we are unable to order a new fibre connection. If I use the postcode and address on the OpenReach checker then it shows we should be able to get 38mbps. If I use the phone number, it says unfortunately I can't place an order and that BT are investigating options. I've tried talking to BT twice but to no avail. Neighbours around us are all able to place orders, which is more than a little frustrating.

Can someone advise on how we can get things moving please? We would even consider cancelling our existing account and doing without the internet at home for a couple of weeks! Many thanks for any advice you can offer. Mandy
Standard User witchunt
(member) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:33:15
Print Post

Re: Unable to order fibre due to LLU line?

[re: justmandy] [link to this post]

The most obvious reasons is that talk talk do not have GEA fibre link cable in the headend exchange.
BT wont recognise the TT number, so they would have to take over the line to provide service.
Out of curiosity, what does Sky show available to you?
Standard User justmandy
(newbie) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:49:35
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response. Sky state that "sky unlimited broadband is not available to you".

Any suggestions on the simplest way to get BT to provide a fibre package? Should I cease the Xilo/TalkTalk package?

Thanks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Mar-17 21:54:36
Print Post

You just need to go through the BT online ordering and pick the route that starts with your address and then say you have an existing line that you want them to take over

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User justmandy
(newbie) Tue 21-Mar-17 22:07:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks Andrew. I've just been through the online ordering process again but don't see an option to get them to take over the existing line. So at the end, having promised speeds of up to 58mbps it removes the option from the order and reverts to offering me up to 3mbps. I'll give them a call again when I have some time to spare during the day.

Many thanks, Mandy
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 21-Mar-17 22:12:22
Print Post

Who do you actually want the FTTC with? Xilo/uno or BT? Or some other ISP?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 21-Mar-17 22:16:28
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

I don't see what TalkTalk Fibre has to do with it, did you miss that the OP is on LLU ADSLx? (As the fibre cabinet has just been installed. Assuming they aren't on slow FTTC from a distant cabinet).

Going to BT they will nearly always want to take the line over anyway. Their unbundled broadband exists, but is well hidden.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User freeola
(member) Tue 21-Mar-17 22:24:39
Print Post

The line will need converting from MPF the WLR.
If you do a lookup on out check here just using your postcode, select your address and then hopefully fibre options will show. Continue through the sign up process until you get the the line rental option page. Does it say the install option is a line conversion? If it does then that would be the way forward with whichever ISP you choose.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
Standard User justmandy
(newbie) Wed 22-Mar-17 19:10:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I am at the point of no longer caring who we get fibre with, if we can get it at all! We had planned to go with BT to get some extra bells and whistles but I truly despair of trying to get through their systems, having encountered difficulties with them in the past.

Today. Finally did what I should have done before and called Uno. I spoke to the always helpful and lovely Matt and after some digging he found that the issue isn't related to the LLU line but a dodgy record on the OpenReach database! It may take a few weeks but he's optimistic that we can resolve the problem, or at last find out why not.

I would be delighted to use Uno for our New fibre connection if we can get it - the customer service is second to none! smile

Thanks all. Mandy
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 22-Mar-17 19:21:18
Print Post

Good for you smile. Let us know how you get on.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to